JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yes, I know that Jack of all Trades is master of none, but what are my options? I don;t know much about shotguns, but shooting clays seems like fun and I have friends asking me to join them sometime. Still it would be good if it could double as HD shotgun with maybe a barrel change. So, something like the 870 maybe, where I could put a 18 inch beaded barrel on it without much fuss. My apologies if this has been beaten to death, so if there is a good article or past thread, just point me that way.

I think you found the answer in your OP...
One of those 870 combinations with a 26 - 28 inch barrel and a 18 -20 inch barrel...
Mossberg makes ones like that as well.
Andy
Edit to add :
When I am speaking of a 870...
I am referring to a Pre-Freedom Group buyout of Remington made Wingmaster.

Yes, that's what my research points me to so far, but wanted to check. Thanks!

I think you found the answer in your OP...
One of those 870 combinations with a 26 - 28 inch barrel and a 18 -20 inch barrel...
Mossberg makes ones like that as well.
Andy

I think most hunting shotguns with a removable barrel have HD barrels available. I had an Remington 1100 for bird hunting and a youth stock and 20" IC barrel for my wife to use for home defense.

Many manufacturers sell combos.

2B743F81-A76E-4AE1-8EF7-8B0C4A4DA949.jpeg

Yes, I know that Jack of all Trades is master of none, but what are my options? I don;t know much about shotguns, but shooting clays seems like fun and I have friends asking me to join them sometime. Still it would be good if it could double as HD shotgun with maybe a barrel change. So, something like the 870 maybe, where I could put a 18 inch beaded barrel on it without much fuss. My apologies if this has been beaten to death, so if there is a good article or past thread, just point me that way.

I wouldn't buy a Remington today, they are not what they use to be. I'd suggest a Mossberg if you are want a pump.

What ever you decide on Moss. Rem, BPS or high dollar understand to KNOW your choice you must select a choke and pattern it 40yrds. Know where it shoots the Load at that distance and closer. Then move to Clays it can be fun and social. A good course helps and you choose like golf.
Getting on target is easy when you have put rounds out there in practice. Have fun enjoy.

I have never been much of a shotgun guy but have alway had one or two around collecting dust. Recently picked up a Mossberg 500 combo at Bi Mart, with the 28" and 18.5" barrel. I did replace the crappy plastic stock and fore end with a Hogue overmolded stock from Midway. Finally made it out shooting and shot up quite a few clay pigeons with it a few weeks ago. I was blown away as I have never been a good shot at clays, but hit far more than I missed. Zero problems. At home it has the short barrel with a shell holder that holds five rounds of 00 buck. I couldn't be happier with it....I am not a brand snob but like others have said, stay away from newer Remingtons. If you insist on an 870, try to find a good used wingmaster at a pawn shop.

Yes , I saw a wing master on the classifieds , but was too late . Of course if anyone has one in their safe collecting dust....

I have never been much of a shotgun guy but have alway had one or two around collecting dust. Recently picked up a Mossberg 500 combo at Bi Mart, with the 28" and 18.5" barrel. I did replace the crappy plastic stock and fore end with a Hogue overmolded stock from Midway. Finally made it out shooting and shot up quite a few clay pigeons with it a few weeks ago. I was blown away as I have never been a good shot at clays, but hit far more than I missed. Zero problems. At home it has the short barrel with a shell holder that holds five rounds of 00 buck. I couldn't be happier with it....I am not a brand snob but like others have said, stay away from newer Remingtons. If you insist on an 870, try to find a good used wingmaster at a pawn shop.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top