JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not even close. The Aridus Industries Q-DC is the kill of that hill.

IMG_2116.jpg

Yeah, they ain't cheap, just the best. I use an OSOE Shotgun Micro Rig without rear pouch shotgun cards and place two Q-DC saddles in the pouches plus one on the gun with the exterior cards I can feed off the gun or off the chest rig and pop in fresh saddles on the gun as needed. The biggest issue I see with the Velcro card is they will be inconsistent in their placement on the receiver forcing one the fudge their reloads every time where ever it lands, but with the Q-DC the rounds are in the exact same spot every time. Also, the Q-DC does not wear out like the Velcro cards do.

And this still stands...
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...2-people-to-split-aridus-q-dc-10-pack.302459/

Yeah, they ain't cheap, just the best. I use an OSOE Shotgun Micro Rig without rear pouch shotgun cards and place two Q-DC saddles in the pouches plus one on the gun with the exterior cards I can feed off the gun or off the chest rig and pop in fresh saddles on the gun as needed. The biggest issue I see with the Velcro card is they will be inconsistent in their placement on the receiver forcing one the fudge their reloads every time where ever it lands, but with the Q-DC the rounds are in the exact same spot every time. Also, the Q-DC does not wear out like the Velcro cards do.

And this still stands...
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/t...2-people-to-split-aridus-q-dc-10-pack.302459/
I really do Iike those chest rigs but don't want that large pouch, I wish they made one with four slots of cards i would probably but that. You make a lot of really good arguments for that set up, I just can't afford to bite that bullet.

I guess it depends on the "GAME". Anyway.....in SASS a lot of folks use something like these.

Yeah....for that SxS. Note the loops for your revolver ammo. The SxS ammo carry could also be single loops for individual SG shells.
1652388844534.png

I started with something like this belt slide.
1652389112061.png

I currently use something like this belt. I can hold 25 rounds. And IMHO get the shelf added to hold the shells up above the belt line.
OIP.jpg

Got an idea for a "custom rig." Stop and see the good folks at Ted Blocker in Tigard, OR. BTW, I have no financial or family connection to thier business other than just being a repeat customer.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I've taken a couple of shotgun classes in the past. The best option I've seen was a fanny pack. Those that were running Fanny packs could load a single round on empty as fast as those that were running shotgun cards. Then when those that went to replace the empty card, the others with Fanny packs just reloaded the tube and where better off than taking that time to replace card and reload.

In my experience, I'd run a Fanny pack.

I've taken a couple of shotgun classes in the past. The best option I've seen was a fanny pack. Those that were running Fanny packs could load a single round on empty as fast as those that were running shotgun cards. Then when those that went to replace the empty card, the others with Fanny packs just reloaded the tube and where better off than taking that time to replace card and reload.

In my experience, I'd run a Fanny pack.
I have used a dunp pouch alonh with a side saddle myself in the past and don't hate it but I strive to be better. I haven't done a class but have practiced a lot with a battle shotgun and have gotten pretty quick topping off my tube from the side saddle but the side saddle goes dry after six.

I have used a dunp pouch alonh with a side saddle myself in the past and don't hate it but I strive to be better. I haven't done a class but have practiced a lot with a battle shotgun and have gotten pretty quick topping off my tube from the side saddle but the side saddle goes dry after six.
I ran a fixed saddle and I only used it when I needed another round fast. Otherwise I used the Fanny pack. In a few of the classes there would be times when you'd start with a fully loaded shotgun, usually 8 rounds for those that had tubes that could hold more, but you would have to engage 10 targets. That's where the side saddle helped. Grab one throw it in and bang. Repeat.

During parts where reloading was required behind cover, most with removable cards would "take cover" and replace the card and then reload the tube. I'd just reload the tube and keep going.

About the only time a replaceable saddle helped was when you needed to continue engagement longer than the tube+saddle. One class had us go through some 25 rounds I think, nonstop. Those running placards just ripped one off their chest and slapped it onto the side and kept 1 loading. I'd go 13 rounds (8 in tube 5 on saddle) then I was grabbing 2 from my fanny pack single loading them. Holding one in my right hand as I fired the one I single loaded. Left hand never left the pump.

Took some practice, but it's marginal in time difference between the two styles.

I only offer my opinion and insight as I hate seeing folks buy stuff they likely don't need.

Id highly recommend taking a defensive shotgun coarse or two.

If you do, try a Fanny first, then go from there. Also, get a good should pad, a 4-6 hour class shooting 200-400+ rounds of 12g can wreck a shoulder.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top