JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Baikal 12 guage Coach gun and a Remington 870 with 18". Can I shoot slugs out of both of these guns. The Baikal does not have the screw in chokes. Can you shoot slugs out of the different barrel's like improved/modified etc? How can you tell if a barrel is other than standard? Thanks for any education you can give me!

A coach gun should be cylinder bore.. meaning you can shoot slugs but you are very unlikely to get any long range accuracy. Same for the Remington

As far as the chokes in those shotguns go they may be model sensitive. For example the Remington 870P in 18" barrel is now choked Improved Cylinder, not Cylinder bore. The Baikal "coach gun" TOZ-66 (not made anymore) is choked IC/M. My Rossie "Overland" is also choked IC/M. What model Baikal do you have or is under your consideration?

As far as the chokes in those shotguns go they may be model sensitive. For example the Remington 870P in 18" barrel is now choked Improved Cylinder, not Cylinder bore. The Baikal "coach gun" TOZ-66 (not made anymore) is choked IC/M. My Rossie "Overland" is also choked IC/M. What model Baikal do you have or is under your consideration?

Good info, but should still be safe, just not accurate? Especially with Foster type slugs

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top