JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i'm trying to establish the value of a J. P. Sauer and Son double-barrel shotgun. The S/N is 166906 and the words Fluid steel and Krupp Essen are engraved on the barrel. Can someone recommend an appraiser?

IMG_2378.JPG IMG_2376.JPG

Looking through some of my Shotgun Books, It looks like it might be a Colt import, and that may be of help in tracking down year of manufacture and/or import. Look under the barrels and see if there is a Nazi iron eagle proof mark, that would also indicate possible years of manufacture. There should also be 3 digit code near the proof marks, that will tell you which factory it came from. Current values are hard to nail down, but I see them in the range of $3000 and up quite a bit!

Post up more detailed photos of the entire shotgun and of the markings under the barrel. Pull the forearm off and post up pics of everything.
I know them pretty well.

I can tell you one thing for certain. See that recoil pad someone installed? Did they cut the stock when they did it? And will the original butt plate still fit? If not, collector value just fell drastically.

I would talk to SOmeone at a high end trap range. they would likely know someone who deals in high end guns.

In this area it would be http://www.midvalleyclays.com/
Thanks, Mark. I will contact them.
Looking through some of my Shotgun Books, It looks like it might be a Colt import, and that may be of help in tracking down year of manufacture and/or import. Look under the barrels and see if there is a Nazi iron eagle proof mark, that would also indicate possible years of manufacture. There should also be 3 digit code near the proof marks, that will tell you which factory it came from. Current values are hard to nail down, but I see them in the range of $3000 and up quite a bit!

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Post up more detailed photos of the entire shotgun and of the markings under the barrel. Pull the forearm off and post up pics of everything.
I know them pretty well.

I can tell you one thing for certain. See that recoil pad someone installed? Did they cut the stock when they did it? And will the original butt plate still fit? If not, collector value just fell drastically.

Yes, the stock had been cut off when I acquired the gun and I do not have the old butt plate. I will supply the pictures you requested tomorrow. Thanks for your reply.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top