JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone seen Lead Shot Shells available anywhere in the larger shot sizes? I have been trying to find both "F" and "T" shot for some time, especially in the 3" magnum and I'm coming up dry!
Used to be available everywhere, but with the states bans on Lead Shot for waterfowling, all I'm finding is the small shot sizes for bustin clays, which isn't want I want. I have tried a number of Online resources, but don't know who is good to deal with, PLUS, the cost of shipping a flat would be a Major issue! You guys have any resources, or hidden flats stashed about?

Has anyone seen Lead Shot Shells available anywhere in the larger shot sizes? I have been trying to find both "F" and "T" shot for some time, especially in the 3" magnum and I'm coming up dry!
Used to be available everywhere, but with the states bans on Lead Shot for waterfowling, all I'm finding is the small shot sizes for bustin clays, which isn't want I want. I have tried a number of Online resources, but don't know who is good to deal with, PLUS, the cost of shipping a flat would be a Major issue! You guys have any resources, or hidden flats stashed about?
No.4 buckshot is only 0.02" larger than F shot and BB is only 0.020" smaller than T shot. Not what your asking but its probably a whole heck of a lot easier to procure

F shot is a heavy shot for waterfowl. Since the advent of the steel shot mandate, it's not legal to use lead F shot for that purpose. For this reason, I doubt there is much demand for it. With little or no demand for F or T lead shot, I don't think any of the US ammo manufacturers still load it. Nor BB either. F is the largest size steel shot loaded and is least popular.

I was looking around for 20 gauge shells a month or so ago. One shop I went into had one (1) box of 20 gauge, it was marked T or F (I forget which), cost $25 so I assume it was steel shot. It was in a blue box, made in Europe but I don't remember the brand.

Ballistic Products still sell lead F and T shot in 8 pound jugs if you want to load your own.

Probably gun shows would be the best place to find obsolete shot shells. When I used to go to the WAC shows, there were all kinds of lead loads offered for pretty cheap.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top