JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Um, I've always thought that if someone is trying to take your gun away from you, that is the time to use it to defend yourself, if not it might get used on............oh, wait, never mind.

Ray

This was on bearingarms.com:

"This was not an incident of a man attempting to steal a handgun.

This was an incident where a gun control supporter was so outraged at the mere sight of a handgun that he attacked a law-abiding citizen, robbed him of his weapon, and then shot him with it."

Anybody know where the information came from that he was a gun control supporter? Crazy if it's true, but I couldn't find any info to back it up.

Edited to add: I just read another article calling him a rabid anti-gunner. I don't dispute his actions are crazy, but twisting an incident into something it isn't... well, that's what they would do.

Last Edited:
So Ricky Paul Smith, the man who robbed, assaulted and attempted to murder someone is held on $10,000? By the way, he is not even true to his mantra. He hates gun yet has not problem pointing and actually shooting a man. Well if one anti-gunner is a liar...

PS: Just watched the movie "The Accountant" in Hillsboro yesterday. Lots of guns, gun sounds, blood splatter, choking out (spoiler alert) and the largely mixed audience laughed in all the right places and didn't seem to be bothered by all the "black guns". Tell me again how we are supposed to be scared of guns.

sounds like:
A: he wasnt concealing very well
B: he has/had poor situational awareness
C: his carry pistol was not very secure

captain obvious....out

He needs an auto locking holster.
This one fits my Micro 9.

20161019_164858.jpg

There was a dearth of info in this article. There are many particulars I'd like to know, such as how the shooter became aware of the concealed firearm or even if it was really concealed. Was he an anti gun activist or was that just made up? I posted it not for its journalistic merit (it's in fact badly written and would get any journalism student a C- grade at best...more likely a D) but for the "shot with your own gun" angle. That would hurt my pride almost as much as a bullet in the leg.

That would hurt my pride almost as much as a bullet in the leg.

Not to mention the fact that you'd have just been put into a situation where you'd have a legitimate need to take the life of another person. Not something most of us would ever hope we'd have to face. I imagine your average person definitely would not be too pleased having that decision instantly thrust upon them.

Betcha
Few permit holders have had weapon retention training.

And if you have Kudos to You!
It's the 1st class my gal took after getting her permit.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top