JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking for recommendations for shot timer apps. Who has ones they like and ones tried and should be avoided?

I want to start upping my practice to include timed drills.

Also would be interested if there are other apps that might be useful.

As always thanks for the input…

I use both of these apps
Time on Target Survival: Time on Target Survival Mode - Android Apps on Google Play
Time on Target Abilities: Time on Target Abilities Mode - Android Apps on Google Play

Both are similar and loaded up with various drills that are called out and timed. Both include a plain shot timer as well. I think they run about $2. The drills (handgun and rifle) are pretty fun and can get quite challenging. The downsides: it likes to run with the screen always on (common to most timer apps), and the drills don't automatically stop the clock.

I use both of these apps
Time on Target Survival: Time on Target Survival Mode - Android Apps on Google Play
Time on Target Abilities: Time on Target Abilities Mode - Android Apps on Google Play

Both are similar and loaded up with various drills that are called out and timed. Both include a plain shot timer as well. I think they run about $2. The drills (handgun and rifle) are pretty fun and can get quite challenging. The downsides: it likes to run with the screen always on (common to most timer apps), and the drills don't automatically stop the clock.

is there one of these that you would recommend over the other? They both look virtually identical and not really certain what stands out as different between them...

is there one of these that you would recommend over the other? They both look virtually identical and not really certain what stands out as different between them...

There is A LOT in common between the two apps. I have not even tried to compare the two side-by-side as there are too many options once you get started. I commonly choose the second, Abilities, more than the other. I think the drills are better while the other seems a bit more game-y.

Get on Amazon and buy an external mic for your phone.

My personal experience was less then thrilling (maybe it was because I was shooting .22's) because half the time, no matter where I placed the phone, it would fail to register a shot.

The little stubby mics are real cheap last I looked as well.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top