JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone tried any of the shot timer apps for iPhone? Are they any good? I'm thinking of trying either Make Ready Lite or Free Shot Timer. Are the pay apps worth the money or should I just pony up for a real shot timer?

One thing I didn't think of when I bought my shot timer was that for it to work, you have to be the only one shooting.

For those of us who belong to club-type ranges, that almost never happens! I've hardly ever used it. :(

I had one and it wasn't too bad as long as the range wasn't crowded. It sometimes picked up other shots. I think that would be a problem for a stand alone shot timer as well though. The phone apps are cheap; really can't go too wrong.

I haven't tried any of the apps at an indoor range though a friend tells me even some of the purpose made shot timers can get it wrong either from the echo or from other shooters.

Yeah I was wondering about how effective they would be when there are other shooters around. I think I'm going to download a couple of the free ones and see how it goes. Got nothing to lose by going that route... If I find something good I'll let y'all know.

Yeah I was wondering about how effective they would be when there are other shooters around. I think I'm going to download a couple of the free ones and see how it goes. Got nothing to lose by going that route... If I find something good I'll let y'all know.

All of the free ones I have tried worked mostly...

With .22's it often would not pick up the shots.

I would recommend one of the directional mics that plug into your 1/8" jack. At least that's what I got out of my research but stopped caring about my times before I ordered one so I can't say how much or little they help personally.

I tried the ISPC Shot Time app for Android. It actually works great except one feature, I cant figure out how to get it to reset all the data

....so I can't say how much or little they help personally.
I think all they are good for is to simulate shooting under stress. A friend of mine has a real one and weve used it and it really helps... my score was bad trying to meet the time constraint so I went back to a dot torture drill for a while then tried the defensive drill again and improved a little (I need to stay focused on my front sight).

A silver dollar on the back a the hand has.. nevermind (it was a joke). Just be safe.. by observing the fundamentals with a cold gun. knock on wood

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top