JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Since getting my new Glock a month or so ago, I've been looking forward to shooting it at 25 yards with a rest to see what kind of accuracy it is capable of. My criteria for a carry pistol is 2" or better at 25 yards. All of my other Glocks and my P365 will do it. The Gen 5 G23 couldn't.

Tried different loads and factory WWB and was completely disappointed in the results.

Worst group was one of the worst I have ever shot with any pistol. 7 1/4" 5-shot group at 25 yards using 200gr Speer Gold Dots and Ramshot Silhouette powder.

vmPoPItwRQiOmFDD2NVi1w.jpeg

Best group was with Hornady XTPs in 180gr using 6.2gr of Ramshot Silhouette. Got 3 1/18".

Oxl0znmyQG65UWPvMEBoIQ.jpeg

Now, if the 3" group was my worst group, then I'd be happy. But the rest of the groups were around 4.5" and 5.5".

Typically, my Glocks will do 2" or better, with a couple capable of 1". Just really, really disappointed in the performance. I'll work up some more loads and see if I can't get the groups to shrink. If not, then I'll probably sell the pistol, since inaccurate firearms are offensive to me.

This is what I was hoping for...

7eSJkotlQ0m4-aGzFFcCEg.jpeg

3yW7qV0vS-y1oFajuYqrKQ.jpeg

Headed back to the range today and shot the Glock again. Also shot my new Henry rifle, and tried out a new load in the AR-10. Nothing grouped well. Starting to wonder if it is me. Going to bring a gun next time that I know is accurate and has shot well in the past to see if I can get good groups out of it. If not, then I'll know it's me.

But, today's loads I tried in the Glock were awful.

IMG_20210118_164340839.jpg

IMG_20210118_164331055.jpg

I had a perfect sight picture, trigger felt good, and didn't feel like I pulled any shots. These should have been 2" or better groups. Trying again tomorrow, along with a pistol I know is accurate, to see what happens. If I still get groups 100% to 300% larger than with my other Glocks, then I am calling Glock to see if I can send it back to the factory for some analysis.

Went back to the range today and brought two other pistols that I know are tack drivers and shot them along with the Glock, using several different loads.

I couldn't get exceptional groups with any of them. Now, I could get better groups with them than with the G23, but only slightly better. So while the G23 is not quite as accurate, it is my aging eyes that is the culprit.

IMG_20210119_131200988.jpg

IMG_20210119_131639229.jpg

IMG_20210119_133613756.jpg

IMG_20210119_133453382.jpg

Sadly, my glox shoot just like that. When I switch to the P10c or Shadow2, my groups tighten right up. I don't think me and glox are a good fit.

Went back to the range today and brought two other pistols that I know are tack drivers and shot them along with the Glock, using several different loads.

I couldn't get exceptional groups with any of them. Now, I could get better groups with them than with the G23, but only slightly better. So while the G23 is not quite as accurate, it is my aging eyes that is the culprit.

you should look into a pistol red dot it can really help with the aging eyes.

EA497D0A-08F6-4981-8391-96892373A27E.jpeg

I figure that any weapon is accurate out of the box but in the hands of humans that really throws a monkey wrench into the mix.
I had cataract surgery in both eyes in 2019 and found out that I have astigmatism in both eyes.:eek::eek::eek:
My red dot sights look like 5 dots and to gain accuracy I aim with the top dot...:s0092:

I don't think me and glox are a good fit.
A couple years back, before I finally just abandoned glox entirely, my buddyGloxfanboi kept giving me chances to try his new models out.
I had hopes over the decades of finally training myself into making the most of their advantages.
He gave me his brand new ?G40? MOS 10mm with a high-end red dot sight mounted, already sighted in he said.
I was working up 10mm loads for bowling pin with a couple other 10mm pistols, and had established some very tight groups, from the sandbags out about 45' to paper target with outline of standard bowling pin. The object was to get a suitable cluster in the body of the pins.
While I had managed sub-2" groups with the other pistols, and even sub-1" a number of times, the dern)(&%^&U$#))_~~* gloxter had no group, looking like OP's pic #1, regardless of the load, the hold, the special ninja breathing/trigger/trix etc.

Never could get a 'group', but rather some randomly placed holes resembling the organization of rat turds in a dresser drawer. I don't fit with the glox either.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top