JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The marketing wheels are turning already. Salivating at the opportunity to sell you another gun that you don't need to fix a problem you don't have!

So far on the list of leaked nonsense.

The Glock 43x, sorry Sig, this one might work better! (The first 43 wasn't perfected, this one is) Also, it just holds 10 rounds.

upload_2018-12-21_8-12-0.jpeg

Daniel Defense is going to make a bolt action rifle you can't afford!

Remington is going to show off a bolt action pistol they were too chicken to put a brace on.

upload_2018-12-21_8-19-51.jpeg

Keltec will have some cool new gun you won't see again for another 2-4 years.

Ruger will release a bunch of the same stuff in new calibers since they always drop new stuff randomly throughout the year anyways.

There might be another new 22 cal cartridge that one ups last years 224 Val, or the years prior 22 Nosler.

That's all I got, sorry for the sarcasm, woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

What's your favorite prereleases or general overhyped thingy!

I might buy that 43x. Been longing for a 43 for a while bunch I hate pinching my fingers on reloads, couod also be a great wifey gun. Hell I would happily hang a suppresor and Surefire on that thing with a 12 rd mag for her to use for HD. Hahaha

I've been way too "overhypothecized & onthedrawingboarded" too many times in the past Shot Show to pay much attention any more.

On the other hand, the Fizzle Factor from overamped 'news releases' has increased my appreciation for the older time tested market proved models.

And maybe it's just me, but I don't recall any new pistol caliber introduced this entire New Millenium that has found use in my needs.

Oh.....and Bah Humbug:cool:

I hope Ruger comes out with a stainless PCC, preferably that takes XD mags. Or an iron sight 10/22 in stainless with a threaded barrel (non-takedown). Basically, anything in stainless with a threaded barrel is going to get my interest.

Always interested in new and shiny things. The item that I am most excited about comes out 2 weeks after I've spent bucks on the last shiny thing.....sigh

I hope Ruger comes out with a stainless PCC, preferably that takes XD mags. Or an iron sight 10/22 in stainless with a threaded barrel (non-takedown). Basically, anything in stainless with a threaded barrel is going to get my interest.
I'm pretty sure Ruger makes a stainless 10/22 already, likely a couple hundred variations of a stainless 10/22 too.

I'm pretty sure Ruger makes a stainless 10/22 already, likely a couple hundred variations of a stainless 10/22 too.

But not a threaded stainless non-takedown. Well, they had the 50th anniversary contest winner, but those are not readily available. I like the takedown well enough as I have one, but want one in standard form too.

But not a threaded stainless non-takedown. Well, they had the 50th anniversary contest winner, but those are not readily available. I like the takedown well enough as I have one, but want one in standard form too.
Model 1263
upload_2018-12-21_11-29-30.jpeg

Edit. Seems out of stock just about everywhere though.

However you can buy the barrel from the model.

10/22® Threaded Barrel - Stainless-ShopRuger

There is also model 1296 if you can put up with the stock.

Last Edited:
The marketing wheels are turning already. Salivating at the opportunity to sell you another gun that you don't need to fix a problem you don't have!

So far on the list of leaked nonsense.

The Glock 43x, sorry Sig, this one might work better! (The first 43 wasn't perfected, this one is) Also, it just holds 10 rounds.

View attachment 530140

Daniel Defense is going to make a bolt action rifle you can't afford!

Remington is going to show off a bolt action pistol they were too chicken to put a brace on.

View attachment 530142

Keltec will have some cool new gun you won't see again for another 2-4 years.

Ruger will release a bunch of the same stuff in new calibers since they always drop new stuff randomly throughout the year anyways.

There might be another new 22 cal cartridge that one ups last years 224 Val, or the years prior 22 Nosler.

That's all I got, sorry for the sarcasm, woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

What's your favorite prereleases or general overhyped thingy!

I'm looking forward to the impending government shutdown at midnight tonight!

:s0023::s0053:

Well, not that I have a dog in the ring - or is it a hat in the race? - but I'd REALLY like to see a big bore, say .44cal, Black Powder revolver, based on a heavily modernised [internally, of course] version of the best of all the solid-frame revolvers back then, the Remington New Model Army of 1858.

I'd like it to be made in almost care-free stainless steel, so that you could buff out the inevitable scratch without having to have a reblue.

I'd like it to be robust enough to take the heaviest loads you could cram into it, and yet be accurate enough with smaller charges to win competitions with its accurate 7.5" long barrel.

I'd like it to be affordable, even in these days of generally high-priced guns, and that, Friends, would mean using a different kind of mass-production. Instead of drop-forging and lots of machining, it could use sintered or lost-wax investment casting methods, producing stainless steel components that were almost cast to finished size, needing minimal machining. It could even use common parts that were already in production for other, similar, but cartridge-firing single-action revolvers.

Heck, thinking about it, it's the ideal project for that forward-thinking, innovative firearms company, Sturm, Ruger Inc. They already make ALL THEIR guns using this methodology!!

They could make a fortune building and selling a gun like this, probably selling even more of them than they already did with the Mk1, II and III pistol!

I've even got a great name for it, too! A name that harks back to the good ol' days of black powder shooting, and the unCivil War that none of us seem able to forget............................

They could call it the RUGER OLD ARMY!!!!!

Oh, wait. It seems they already did.

Remington, catering to cosplay enthusiasts everywhere (with their bolt action pistol? WTF)...

The G43X seems like a good option for me, I'll still wait to see if it actually works tho. I have half a mind to just get a G29 tho, since it would also be useful on four legged critters.

I really don't pay any attention to the pre-release hype they throw at us.
It's sort of like believing what your ex-wife's divorce lawyer tells you.
I usually wait about two years before investigating a new production firearm.
That way all of the recalls are out of the way.
Mostly.

...Keltec will have some cool new gun you won't see again for another 2-4 years.
Any details? :s0116:
I became a Kel-Tec addict since I've got PMR-30, then RDB-17 and SUB-2000 gen.2.
A couple of years ago I asked if they are planning to build a pistol and a carbine in 7.62x25 Tokarev, they said "No".:s0054:

Last Edited:
Model 1263
View attachment 530203

Edit. Seems out of stock just about everywhere though.

However you can buy the barrel from the model.

10/22® Threaded Barrel - Stainless-ShopRuger

There is also model 1296 if you can put up with the stock.

Man there is a hell of a lot of the stainless threaded barrels out there. It is kind of surprising Ruger is not cranking out the model with one already on it since a lot of people seem to want one. Must end up with a lot of non threaded barrels banging around from the people who buy a replacement. Even Ebay has a bunch of threaded ones for sale.

Any details? :s0116:
I became a Kel-Tec addict since I've got PMR-30, then RDB-17 and SUB-2000 gen.2.
A couple of years ago I asked if they are planning to build a pistol and a carbine in 7.62x25 Tokarev, they said "No".:s0054:

George has long been VERY conservative in how he runs his place. He had some early fails so when he started the current Co he has always chosen to stay behind. Has been very frustrating over the years for buyers but it's how he seems to want to roll. Rather than sink cash into making his place big enough to fill demand he prefers to stay years behind. Have to say it seems to work as there seems no end to customers willing to wait years to get each new design he comes out with. Not to mention the old. I remember during the last great panic when Gen 1 S2K's starting selling for upwards of 1K$. I had 2 and was sorely tempted to sell one but it was so damn hard to find them when I bought them I did not. Of course sure wish I had sold now looking back :)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top