JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was what I remember from when I went to a gun show years ago, although I don't remember using a zip tie. I needed to take my CCW in, as I was trying to find one that was smaller/thinner.
The Albany show is like this. I wonder how often they get some one who empties their chamber the wrong way into the trap. Bet it scares the bejeezes out of everyone. At the exit, they cut all of the zip ties for you, as they guns you buy get zipped at the counters you purchase from in a different color than the ones you bring in.

Last gun show I attended, the NW Shooting Sports Expo in Tacoma a few months back was great...but the only folks carrying were Pierce County deputies and City of Tacoma police.

I had to take my little buddy whose last name is .45ACP back to my car and my EDC knife, etc.

Brutus Out

Not that I am trying to suggest anything, but when was the last time you were frisked or went through a metal detector, or x-ray machine entering your typical firearms show or gun dealer?

I do agree with the posts about the incompetent folks who pull out a firearm that is loaded and for some reason have a malfunction within the show or at a firearms dealer. Thankfully it has not happened while I've been there, but I've read plenty of articles about them. Where I attend, there usually seems to be at least 2 armed officers patrolling the venue, if not more.

Does it feel hypocritical, to a degree, not as much as a firearms dealer that says no loaded arms allowed. That sign deters me from wanting to patronize them. I don't know them, nor do I have any idea what some of their clientele may be like. I also know that there are usually no armed LEO's watching the place inside, like the firearms show has.

Bottom line in any case; don't be a statistic and don't create them unless your life or the life of another depends upon it. Oh yeah, I hope it was protection provided with regard to legal activity.

Ive attending a few SHOT Shows. The website says no guns, but the signage outside the entrances didn't mention anything about carrying weapons; conversely, the NRA Conferences allow open/concealed carry. Never seen or heard of any problems.

An oddity or hypocrisy?

A reliable acquaintance of mine recently returned from the Shot Show and told me that CHL holders we not allow to "carry" in the Shot Show...:s0002:

I'm all for individual liberty, but find it remarkable that so-many hard-core, "to the death", "no surrogates needed", and "cold dead hands" 2A supporters (including a prominent-local radio talk show host) who many have also claimed to never willingly give up their God given right to self defense; find a way to do so to attend the Shot Show.....?

Obey or ignore the signs; it must be worth it to attend.
The killers have hooked on to "We do not allow ''carry" in here" signs as an invitation for them to kill. I don't pay attention to the signs. If they check you, I don't go, or I hid my tiny NAA .22 mag on my person.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top