Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Shot My New .380

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Whaler, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Whaler

Whaler Sequim, WA Well-Known Member

Yesterday I bought a Bersa Thunder .380 and this morning I shot it. I am impressed it, is one heck of a gun for the money. Light recoil, accurate and fun to shoot.

Bersa1.jpg

2. techieguy

techieguy Well-Known Member

I know my mother in law loves her Bersa 380! I haven't shot her pistol...but I have heard nice things about them. Congrats!

3. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Nice looking piece! What does it weigh? Glad you like your pistol!

4. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Hey neighbor! What happened to the CZ?

5. Whaler

Saved $140.00 by buying the Bersa.

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Whaler

It is listed at 22.4 oz.

7. ThemGunsThough

ThemGunsThough RIP City! Well-Known Member

I had the same exact Bersa and just sold it today. I loved the Thunder and you get a lot of bang for your buck. Glad you like it and hope you enjoy.

8. 97321

97321 Albany Active Member

When I married my wife she was not fond of guns. Now when I ask her what she wants to do on a weekend she says she wants to go shooting. I bought her a Bersa Thunder and give it a lot of credit for her enthusiasm. It is a great addition to the collection! Fun to shoot for kids, her, and me. Enjoy yours!

9. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

I know two women who use that very gun as their CCW, and one of them lives with me. :D
    I carry it too, when I'm going out to the yard in skivvies - it's the smallest pistol that I can grab-'n'-shoot without risking slide bite.

I've done a lot of looking at .380 SD ammo, and I think the Win PDX1 bonded 95gr. JHP has got the best ballistics. The Cor-Bon DPX is good too, and it's like a bonded slug in that it's solid copper with no jacket, but IMO the extra weight of the PDX1 wins out. (95 vs. 80gr.)