JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Drove down to Dundee for the Dundee Practical Shooters IPSC match. Thanks to Bill, Paul, Chris, Jan, Mike B., and Jerry for making me feel welcome.

Let's just say, they don't show you everything at the safety training, where you get to shoot three stages (at TCGC). I saw some new kinds of targets and some surprising stages. Also learned the difference between "Production" and "Limited". :) Now, if I could remember to take pictures! :(

But, overall, I enjoyed it and am looking forward to future matches! :s0155:

I would encourage others to "go for it!" While some guys do make it about "racing", you can make it about whatever you want. My purpose is to develop proficiency in handling my firearm. These types of matches provide that opportunity.

AND, with several clubs in the area, you can shoot almost every weekend! ;)

Thanks,
Dave

I drove up there for that match, too. Did you look at the "Croc Bay"? A great wide open bay and deep. The winery problems were too bad, hopefully they will get things reworked soon and have the upper bays back in action.

Did you get a chance to see your scores?

<broken link removed>

Thanks, Ben. Yes, I checked out the scores. I was happy to not finish last! Close, but not last. :s0112:

Also, it was good to see you there and hear about your club. It sounds like Eugene would be a fun place to shoot. I'm just wondering how I can get there in time for the matches, with the 2 1/2 hour drive it would take me to get there. :( I still may do it, when the weather is better. I'd love to shoot a steel match!

Regards,
Dave

I'd say you did pretty good. It's no small thing to shoot 2 Texas stars and weak hand headshot on the first outing. For my first match, I had never previously shot weak hand.

Dundee was a bit of a treat for me, I only rarely get to go more than 40 minutes away for a match. I do usually take the gear if travelling far, and try to make a match fit in. If you fit in in some time or have reason to be this way, we'd be proud to have you shoot with us in Eugene. We have something the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Saturdays. (IPSC, steel, IDPA).

Cheers,

Ben

My first IPSC experience was about the same! Shooters seem to be the nicest and easiest people to get to know. I was hooked after a couple stages.

I had my first match back in november at TCGC and am hooked. I'll need to try out Dundee one of these months. I like how the stages can vary so much....i had been steadily improving each month until March's match at TCGC...some pretty difficult stages combined with some bonehead mistakes led to my lowest finish yet. Still a bunch of fun though.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top