JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well......Kalifornia's draconian gun laws have worked perfectly again! The media or Sheriff's dept must be mistaken about this jackazz being a felon. Too bad he didn't shoot himself in the head!:mad:

A man shot himself in the foot, the bullet continued thru the floor and hit a child in the leg who was downstairs.

Article describes this as bizarre.

The solution is to have a bullet trap for any administrative handling. You have one right?
A bucket of sand, or 18 in of something (like a stack of phone books, magazines or encyclopedias)

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-san-jose-man-boy-shot-foot-20151028-story.html

Boxes full of old phone books. I of course had to do some ballistic testing first with my biggest rifle and some phone books. And then some other rifles just in case... :D

".... Smith will be booked on suspicion of negligently discharging a firearm and being a felon in possession of a firearm and ammunition."

Yet Bloomberg, Prozanski, Burdick, and their ilk say that 2A supporters like us are the problem.

They vote Too!
While briefly working for Portland public schools, an addle coworker, working real hard to by my buddy, and after finding out I target shoot nearly every weekend, was begging me to take him out. He then proceeded to tell me of his big biker brothers took him out shooting one day when he went to the oldest and said he had shot himself in the foot with his 22. (he was about 30 at the time) When his brother asked how he could of done such a thing he said I just rested the end of the rifle on the top of his shoe like this and accidently pulled the trigger when the thing went off. Whereas in the explanation to his brother he did it again. Deciding I was an unbeliever he removed his shoe and sock and showed me with apparent pride and a big grin, one missing little toe and a big round puckered scar on the top of his foot. I backed away slowly explaining my wife hated guns and I had recently gave up shooting to keep the peace. (Yes a lie, forgive me Lord) I never spoke about guns or shooting around him again.

I had a guy shoot me in the foot wearing steal toes, it went right on the edge which slowed it, didn't stop it broke my big toe and left a big hole. Odd thing was I was the one he shot in the foot but some how it also broke his nose ?:rolleyes:

Funny how your fist can ricochet of your foot.:D

The only person I ever saw shot in the foot had a hole in it that went up his leg, came out of his right buttock and continued into the back of his head and exited just under his left eyebrow.

He was lying partly-prone and shooting at another bunch of us at the time, and us being a sneaky bunch had gone around the back of his firing point. All we could see of him was the sole of his foot, but hey, it was nice and clear [size ten UK, BTW], and we had nothing else to do right then. I was always taught to shoot at whatever you can see of the opposition, on the premise that whatever you end up hitting, it will give him something to think about.

I guess from where we were he couldn't rightly hear us reading him the yellow card. As ever, I was blown away [figuratively speaking, that is] of the sheer ooomph of the NATO 7.62x51, and vowed that I was never without my very own. :)

tac

They vote Too!
While briefly working for Portland public schools, an addle coworker, working real hard to by my buddy, and after finding out I target shoot nearly every weekend, was begging me to take him out. He then proceeded to tell me of his big biker brothers took him out shooting one day when he went to the oldest and said he had shot himself in the foot with his 22. (he was about 30 at the time) When his brother asked how he could of done such a thing he said I just rested the end of the rifle on the top of his shoe like this and accidently pulled the trigger when the thing went off. Whereas in the explanation to his brother he did it again. Deciding I was an unbeliever he removed his shoe and sock and showed me with apparent pride and a big grin, one missing little toe and a big round puckered scar on the top of his foot. I backed away slowly explaining my wife hated guns and I had recently gave up shooting to keep the peace. (Yes a lie, forgive me Lord) I never spoke about guns or shooting around him again.
That's the perfect chance to see if the Phone books or bucket of sand will stop the bullet :s0006: or not. Have that knucklehead( him, not the Harley Motor) put his foot on top of the phone books or bucket of sand and ask him to show you how he shot his foot. :s0077:Then see if the phone books or bucket of sand stopped the bullet after going thru his foot ! Perfect ! :s0083:

I was near an accidental shooting. The guy had Teva sandals on. The bullet went through a lot of leg, out the foot and then bounced off the Tevas and back up into his foot.

I can highly recommend Tiva sandals.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads