JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok i'm about to start reloading 12 Ga shotgun shells, i picked up an old MEC 600 Jr, it's missing one of the bottles but just finished ordering one.
I've done some research and the charge bar seems to be 22 grains of powder and i think 1 1/8 oz of shot but i need to pick up some shot up so i can be sure.

Anybody got any pointers to hand out? would be muchly appreciated.:s0155:

Thanks

Steve,

Anybody got any pointers to hand out? would be muchly appreciated.:s0155:

I've been looking at the MEC's and the Lee load-alls for some time, but have never used them.

Friends who have, mention that one should ALWAYS sort shotshells by mfg & type. Process thru single-stage fashion... and slow & steady gets you there, esp during crimp.

Let me know what you think of your 600...

Cheers!

A friend of mine found this press in a box that was in a repoed house he was cleaning out, i think it's one of the first ones they made but seems to work good, judging from the manual that is with it maybe mid to late 70's.

I was sorting and cleaning all my shells last night, i had read some were that was important.

Thanks for the tips and i will let you know how it works.

I have used them for many years. 3-4 boxes an hour but they do the job and almost never break. Should be able to get info online and some load data. I have about 30lbs of empty shells if you need any...AA, Rem,Fed and Win mostly.....cheap

I have used them for many years. 3-4 boxes an hour but they do the job and almost never break. Should be able to get info online and some load data. I have about 30lbs of empty shells if you need any...AA, Rem,Fed and Win mostly.....cheap

According to the paperwork that i have with this press it was made in 1967:s0114: but it looks like it's hardly been used.
I just ordered a diffarant charge bar for it the one that is with it is 1-3/8 shot and 23 Grains of powder which seems to be an odball, i want to load
1-1/8 shot and 22 grains of Unique powder.

As for empty shell i've collected several hundred so i think i'm ok for now but if i need more i'll let you know.

MEC jrs are great! I've got a 28 and .410 cause there getting so expensive. I did replace the powder bar on the .410 with an adjustable one cause I got inconsistent throws with bushings for the small loads. Sold my 12 gauge to a friend. He said I can use when ever I want but I like 20 Gauge better. Would like to upgrade my 20 Ga. to a 9000 though.

Where do you get your parts? i've had to order a new powder bar and bushing and a new set of wad guide fingers, just wondering if there is some place in the Portland area to get part.

Well i did end up loading about 250 rounds up, had a few that i threw away for various reasons but for the most part everything went great.

Steve,

Just grabbed a mec 650n 12, looking to start loading buckshot. I'm looking to try to fund the best deal on semi bulk shot. Any ideas are helpful. Can I reload 00 Buck into birdshot shells? Its the same powder but I still have to ask. Also looking for good condition spent shells.

I"ve read,and seen pics of,an after-market adj. charge bar for the Mec 600,it is adjustable for both powder and shot charges.Sure looks like a winner to me.Not enough coffee yet this morning to remmeber the brand name of it tho.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top