JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh come on. Just another senseless shooting. The guy is passed out, defenseless, and they can't train a gun on him and go up and disarm him? They have to shout at him from a dead sleep in the hopes of getting some sort of response that will justify shooting him.

Granted, the guy is an idiot for sleeping on a stairwell with a toy gun tucked his waist. I guess to the cop's credit they didn't kill the guy. I'm sure they could have killed him no problem and got a pat on the back for it.

Note to self: No toy Colt 45s to go with my Halloween cowboy outfit lol.

Ya they must of been afraid the gun would go off without anybody touching it. He was passed out go up and take it out of his waistband. Nope they have to shot him. Big tuff cops. Respect my authorita.

It would be hard to not act in self defense if you saw someone reaching for what looked like a real firearm. Many of the criticizers here would have done the same thing.

I in the crowd of "why not take the thing away from him and THEN wake him up"....but, once the police started the events in motion, he shouldn't have reached for his waistband....although, if he was passed out, there is not telling what he thought he was reaching for

I in the crowd of "why not take the thing away from him and THEN wake him up"....but, once the police started the events in motion, he shouldn't have reached for his waistband....although, if he was passed out, there is not telling what he thought he was reaching for

Do we know for sure he really did reach to his waitsban? I dont know about you but I have many times see cops say all sorts of things to protect there buts when it was not whahappenednd. Then they say well were the cops we dont lie. Well after having a few in my family they are just good very good lier'srs and get away with it. In fact its funny to hear them brag about it.

Oh goody, another cop bashing thread based on a media report. We all know they give all the facts...

Do you live in the real world. Have you not seen how the cops have ben acting? REspect my Aurotita is the norm now. When I have had any interaction they treat me like a criminal. So I have gone from somebody who would of jumped to there aid to pointing out what they do. I have been harrased for no other reason then they want to prove that they think they are tuff. What ever happend to them being polite if Im polite to them I think its only right to be polite back. Or do you feel Hitler had ir right?

The fundamental problem as I see it lies in the militarization of police departments. They have adopted the offensive posture of the military, a posture which I feel is wholly inappropriate.

I think you are right, but would like to study how it ended up this way.

Do you live in the real world. Have you not seen how the cops have ben acting? REspect my Aurotita is the norm now. When I have had any interaction they treat me like a criminal. So I have gone from somebody who would of jumped to there aid to pointing out what they do. I have been harrased for no other reason then they want to prove that they think they are tuff. What ever happend to them being polite if Im polite to them I think its only right to be polite back. Or do you feel Hitler had ir right?

So because I support police, or at least refuse to condemn them based on a media report, I am living in a fantasy world and I am a Nazi???

Just for your sanity, I am neither. I'm sorry that you have had bad interactions with police. But your bad interactions do not mean that every media report where the police are painted in an unflattering light are true.

When an officer is convicted in a court of law, not the court of public opinion, of wrongdoing, they should be punished like every other person in the US. But unlike you, I refuse to condemn the actions of police officers based on what the media reports.

a 25 year old man should not pack a toy gun it could get him killed. by this time in his life he should be carrying real guns some people carry these toy guns to intimidate people and then this kind of stuff happens. we wern,t there guys he was going for his waist band where the gun was at . whitch one of us would not have shot honestly. i understand that there is bad cops in the world but give me a break. this guy was a man packing what the cops thought was a gun hes wearing scrubs what kind of costume is that ? plus i lived down in that area there are a lot of gang members there and the crime rate is high its not like here futher down in san diego its worse

these people just can't wait to shoot someone..

Ya they must of been afraid the gun would go off without anybody touching it. He was passed out go up and take it out of his waistband. Nope they have to shot him. Big tuff cops. Respect my authorita.

Oh come on. Just another senseless shooting. The guy is passed out, defenseless, and they can't train a gun on him and go up and disarm him? They have to shout at him from a dead sleep in the hopes of getting some sort of response that will justify shooting him.

Granted, the guy is an idiot for sleeping on a stairwell with a toy gun tucked his waist. I guess to the cop's credit they didn't kill the guy. I'm sure they could have killed him no problem and got a pat on the back for it.

Note to self: No toy Colt 45s to go with my Halloween cowboy outfit lol.

I guess you guys and the others with your opinion would rather wait and find out the hard (but certain) way if the gun is real or not?? It's easy to monday night quarterback this stuff as you have from now until the rest of time to pick apart the events that took place on that day. These guys had a few seconds to decide what to do when a man reached for a gun.only knew that they were responding to a hotel, where a man with a gun was passed out. If you saw a guy passed out with a visible gun in his waistband, would you think it was normal, or just 'nothing'? They weren't itching to "just shoot someone", but they had the training and desire to make it home a the end of their shift that day, as they are paid to do every day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top