Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shot 800 rounds today with the boy

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by TyPercy, Jan 16, 2010.

1. TyPercy

TyPercy Vancouver, WA Member

Today my 10 year old son and I went to The English Pit in the 'Couv. We took the two new Glocks (G17 and G22) along with the Advantage Arms .22 lr conversion. We put 200 rounds through the G22, 100 rounds through the G17 and 500 rounds through the AA .22 lr conversion kit.(most of the time the conversion kit was on the G17, but we also put it on the G22 for awhile)

The weather wasn't too bad, just a bit drizzly from time to time, but no real rain. We had the pistol range to ourselves for almost two hours before anyone else showed up. The guns worked beautifully, though the .22 conversion would have some type of issue about once out of every 15 rounds. Various things like a mis-feed, fail to fire, etc. Not sure if it was the ammo or what, so next time we will be using a different ammo to see if we get the same result. We had a great time and are very happy with the pistols. :thumbup:

2. ORBrit

ORBrit Eugene Member

Awesome. so you're officially a Glock guy now huh?

3. TyPercy

Well, I don't have a lot to compare to so.....we'll see.:D A guy showed up with a 1911 that was pretty impressive....got me thinking. His buddy had never shot it before, and didn't seem to have a ton of experience with pistols and he put a very impressive group together first time. I am still thinking my next purchase will be an AR-15, but you never know.

4. jmh119

jmh119 Hillsboro, Oregon Member

Very cool! glad you had a good time. :)

5. TyPercy

6. gnarkill

gnarkill Richland, WA Member

I was there shooting today too. I got to shoot a glock 26, which now has me reconsidering on the glock 27. Also shot the my father in law's .44, that thing is awesome.

7. rusobr2

rusobr2 prineville,or Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

awesome day to spend with kids-i always try to take at least 1 grandkid with me everytime i go out-always tell the wife how much ammo they go through,but i seldom mention how much i went through:thumbup:what a kick:)were headen out sunday with the kids,i have to try out my new marlin 45/70-makes me wonder what it will do to a frozen milk jug at 100 yds:cool:
    steven