JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week I purchased a new CZ457 Lux in 22 WMR. Although the rifle has iron sights, I ordered a cheap scope for it since my eye-sight is poor for shooting over 50 yards. The scope arrived two days ago, so I installed it and I went to a shooting range this evening after work just to sight-in the rifle and take some test shots. Thus, I want to write a super short review about this rifle. Just look at the attached pic (Left are 50 yards and right 100 yards shots shooting from a bench with front sand-bag support ). The rifle is an accuracy beast. Interestingly, the barrel is not free-floated and it touches front stock inlet (I contacted CZ about this and they told me that the barrel in my rifle is supposed to touch the front inlet and they warned me not to make it free-floated). The rifle held accuracy for about 30 consecutive shots, and then started slightly opening. END OF REVIEW!

20210423_185547.jpg

Hornady 30 gr (two on the left and upper one right) and CCI 40 gr (lower right). I did had to adjust the scope when switching ammo

Saw something other day, not sure where, laughing about the CZ457. Maybe they free floated it lol. Nice shooting. Good score on your CZ. Pun intended. I've been shooting the 22s more too.

Very nice. I learned to shoot on a Remington Nylon 66 (still have it), and I have a couple of Ruger 10/22s. Your post sent me straight to the CZ website, and now it looks like there might be another .22 (or two) in my future. The 457 American Combo really jumped out at me, as did a couple of the Trainers. Rimfire Rocks!

I purchased a CZ 457 American in .22LR for sage rats. It worked out really well and I bought the 17 HMR barrel for it. Now I'm searching for another 457 American so I can have both calibers out in the field with me. It has put both my Ruger Americn Rimfire and 10/22 TD deep semi-retirement. Once I find another 457, that RAR will probably be cut loose.

My friend has CZ457 22LR Varmint version, and that one is gorgeous looking rifle (I have to admit to me it looks even nicer than my Lux version) and is also very accurate. My rifle came with a QC (quality control) certificate sheet showing a grouping (3 shots) at 50 yards. What I like about CZ rifles, in addition to be very accurate, they are very well made and do not use plastic. Everything is metal. Some models have polymer stocks, but most are nice real walnut stock. In he future, I will definitely get one of their rifles in a larger caliber.

Last Edited:
My only experience with CZ has been with their 9mm pistols. They are excellent, but I tend to stick with Glock due to familiarity and easy availability of parts & accessories. That said, CZ rifles are looking better by the minute. Thanks for posting on this!

Cz has fantastic rimefire rifles, I have a CZ 452 full stock that it doesn't free float either and it shoots light out.
My next CZ. Purchase is the CZ 457 MTR, its free floated match chamber and sounds like it shoots less than moa @ 100yards

5EC0DFFB-728C-45E1-9FA5-D354D9B63789.png

My only experience with CZ has been with their 9mm pistols. They are excellent, but I tend to stick with Glock due to familiarity and easy availability of parts & accessories. That said, CZ rifles are looking better by the minute. Thanks for posting on this!
I run CZ Pistols and thinking about a Glock in case I have to shoot a PoS. The Cops won't be taking my CZ for 2-3 years before I get it back. Take the Glock? Not such a big deal for me.

One son is the same way about his FN. So he just bought a new Glock 48 to carry and keeps an old gen3 17 in his Rig. Now he's falling in love with the G48 lol.

Thinking we may need a 457 ourselves.

My friend has CZ457 22LR Varmint version, and that one is gorgeous looking rifle (I have to admit to me it looks even nicer than my Lux version) and is also very accurate. My rifle came with a QC (quality control) certificate sheet showing a grouping (3 shots) at 50 yards. What I like about CZ rifles, in addition to be very accurate, they are very well made and do not use plastic. Everything is metal. Some models have polymer stocks, but most are nice real walnut stock. In he future, I will definitely get one of their rifles in a larger caliber.
A friend has the 452 Varmint and that looks and feels so well made. But the shorter bolt throw on the 457 was a major factor for me.

I did replace the mag release and the bolt handle with parts from DIP Inc. The slightly longer mag release works much better for me, especially when you're frantically doing a mag change while the sage rats are taunting you.

Cz has fantastic rimefire rifles, I have a CZ 452 full stock that it doesn't free float either and it shoots light out.
My next CZ. Purchase is the CZ 457 MTR, its free floated match chamber and sounds like it shoots less than moa @ 100yards

View attachment 869496
If my Lux shoots 100 yards under MOA, that one shoots under 1/2 MOA. I regret not buying that one.

A friend has the 452 Varmint and that looks and feels so well made. But the shorter bolt throw on the 457 was a major factor for me.

I did replace the mag release and the bolt handle with parts from DIP Inc. The slightly longer mag release works much better for me, especially when you're frantically doing a mag change while the sage rats are taunting you.
I noticed that. It took me a little bit to get used to remove the magazine since the clip was very small. However, I shoot targets, so it is not an issue for me.

I run CZ Pistols and thinking about a Glock in case I have to shoot a PoS. The Cops won't be taking my CZ for 2-3 years before I get it back. Take the Glock? Not such a big deal for me.

One son is the same way about his FN. So he just bought a new Glock 48 to carry and keeps an old gen3 17 in his Rig. Now he's falling in love with the G48 lol.

Thinking we may need a 457 ourselves.
You raise an excellent point about the Glock as a 'disposable' pistol. A good buddy of mine was a champion tournament shooter, with several of his trophy-winners valued at over $3500 apiece. But his nightstand gun was a used Glock he picked up for $400.

I can relate to your son's love affair with the 48. If it's not the perfect carry semi, it's awfully close. I go back and forth between that and the 43.

I keep visiting the DIP inc site. I could easily see my cart getting spendy. The aluminum magwell seems like a great place to start , but I have a field used wood stock that I might just replace completely. Not sure where to go with this rifle. And honestly it's fine as it sits.
Also waffling on chop barrel to 16"/18"
and have it threaded. Decisions.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top