JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi there,

I have a amd65 with a us made barrel just over 16". Because the AMD65 has a shorter gastube and piston, the frontsight is way out there and if I put the muzzlebrake on its way way out there and looks rather hideous. I am thinking about moving the sight closer to the gasblock and then cutting the barrel and welding on the muzzle attachment to reach back to the non SBR 16".

Is there a way to do this without needing to invest in over 100$ worth of tools for a one time use? My barrel is .580 in diameter and to cut new threads I would need to get this down to .545.

My idea was... could I Instead cut and crown the barrell to the desired length, then hone out the muzzle device threads to .580 (maybe with a 37/64 drill), slide the muzzle device on and then pin and weld? Since it will be pinned and welded, is it absolutely necessary to cut threads?

Thats what I'm talking about. Moving everything back and welding the brake on so the brake wont make it 2.5" longer.... Its fine when there is a thread protector on it, that looks relatively proportional. I would just like to utilize this awesome device in a less goofy looking way :D

DSC_4316~2.jpg

Any which way you do it, it's not going to be close to "correct". Myself, I'd leave it and get some use from the longer sight radius. Take the $ you'd use for all the work and put it towards a second, more "correct" AK.
Everyone needs 2, right? ( ok...at least 2, maybe 3...or 4...or)

Yeah I do question if its worth the effort doing that mod. I enjoyed it without the brake too....

I'd hoped it would "spit more fire" with the brake closer too. Isnt that what the AMD is famous for? Also the sound and concussion it makes is quite awesome too!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top