JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i havent yet come across a single American who claims to give a crap, myself. the media is acting like we care, but i think, for a change, we genuinely, seriously dont give a flying f-bomb, and certain media outlets made a big mistake.

That's because many of our fellow citizens as well as the most in our so called "media" are nothing but celebrity obsessed booger eating morons.

I cried so hard, then I went to the pub and got very very drunk to celebrate one of the greatest days in the royal kingdom. :drunk:

Oh sweet princess, if you marry me I will become a prince.. I know I am now but a toad, but I can be healed with your kiss! :bow:

As the men go off shooting, cleaning their firearms and on the net reading about guns. Their wives and daughters are watching the Royal Wedding.

I wish the Royal couple the best, and as the Toad above, this toad will go back to cleaning my firearms, shooting and reading about guns on the net. I have actually more to worry about, Prom. I have two kids going. There goes that new pistol I was going to buy, in Tux rental, evening gown, and all the other stuff. :)

wasn't there a war or something fought by some Patriots or perhaps rebels 200 plus years ago, so we would not be subjected to any crap originating from those inbreeds?

Yep, and one of my ancestors with the exact same name as my father died on Lexington Green kicking off the festivities. Like him I tend to shoot at some things dressed in red

Obama, for one, thought the wedding was a fantastic distraction for the American public. Plenty of time to practice his scullduggery out of the limelight!

The only positive thing to me about this wedding is that he did not get invited. Must have been crushing to his oversized ego.
I guess after his crappy gift to the queen two years ago (an iPod ) his name came off the royal list.

Well, how about the incredible security for the whole affair? No bombs, no snipers, not even a thrown egg or nasty shout! Considering all of the violent subversive groups and a huge radical underclass residing in Britain this was a masterpiece of public security! Royals riding around in open cars and carriages? Amazing. It makes me wonder if the Brits have hidden nukes in Mecca and Dublin that they use for bargaining with terrorists........................elsullo

most of us have great contempt for england, and monarchies, and independent of each other. its extremely insulting that our media thinks we're so mentally handicapped that we'd rather watch two douche-bags we're programmed to despise than.... well, pretty much anything else.

That's a very sad thing you've written there, Sir, and it is even sadder to realise that you are probably right. Nevertheless, the United States has no better or steadfast friend than the UK, a small country whose tiny armed forces have been right there with you - all the way from the very first step on the ground, fighting alongside you and dying alongside you, since early 1991, in Iraq and Afghanistan, between fifteen and twenty thousand at a time.

It is no small thing to stand beside a friend when the rest of the world believes that you are wrong, but the British and their Commonwealth partners have done so unfailingly. Your comment has opened my eyes to how small you hold loyalty to a friend, and the keeping of promises given, and what contempt you have for the best friends you'll ever have. How lucky I am that I did not know your true feelings of 'most of you' when I was serving under US command, or with US troops, or commanding US troops - imagine how that would have felt, trusting my life and that of my fellow soldiers to people who loathe us.

Happy ignorance indeed.

Thankfully, your military leaders have not yet been converted to your viewpoint, so perhaps you can make it the main task for the foreseeable future to tell them.

However, along with your contempt for the British, do not overlook the other Commonwealth nations whose head of state is also the Queen, and who also merit your contempt - Canada, Australia and New Zealand, for starters.

...and you can start off right now, by ignoring my post, since I am both Canadian AND British, as well as being a dXXXXe-bag.

tac

That's a very sad thing you've written there, Sir, and it is even sadder to realise that you are probably right. Nevertheless, the United States has no better or steadfast friend than the UK, a small country whose tiny armed forces have been right there with you - all the way from the very first step on the ground, fighting alongside you and dying alongside you, since early 1991, in Iraq and Afghanistan, between fifteen and twenty thousand at a time.

It is no small thing to stand beside a friend when the rest of the world believes that you are wrong, but the British and their Commonwealth partners have done so unfailingly. Your comment has opened my eyes to how small you hold loyalty to a friend, and the keeping of promises given, and what contempt you have for the best friends you'll ever have. How lucky I am that I did not know your true feelings of 'most of you' when I was serving under US command, or with US troops, or commanding US troops - imagine how that would have felt, trusting my life and that of my fellow soldiers to people who loathe us.

Happy ignorance indeed.

Thankfully, your military leaders have not yet been converted to your viewpoint, so perhaps you can make it the main task for the foreseeable future to tell them.

However, along with your contempt for the British, do not overlook the other Commonwealth nations whose head of state is also the Queen, and who also merit your contempt - Canada, Australia and New Zealand, for starters.

...and you can start off right now, by ignoring my post, since I am both Canadian AND British, as well as being a dXXXXe-bag.

tac

way ahead of you, on that one.

---

don't take it personal (like you just did). it's a general contempt for british accents, your horrible music, dusty humor, and your ridiculous ideas about individual liberty (rather, your apparent ignorance to the concept). i haven't ever met a brit i liked, but i'm sure you have plenty of quality individuals.

but while i'm sure some people appreciate your government sending your boys to die with ours, i'm not somebody who thinks American boys should have been sent off to die in any of those wars to begin with (nor brit boys, for that matter). so you're not gonna get me with that one.

on a positive note, The British Grenadiers does happen to be one of my favorite marching tunes.

Happy ignorance indeed.

tac
:s0161:Does somebody need a hug? :s0084:

This thread started so humbly and has turned into one of the all time most fascinating ones for myself. I am so intrigued by the range of feelings there are (especially on the hostile side) towards the brits. I think I get that there was much wailing and gnashing of teeth over spilt tea and a country was founded thereafter, a long fricking time ago, I've got an entire British family for friends, I've visited there, I've hit on their women and I didn't know there were all these feelings I missed out on being an American. (I'll admit, with our f'ed up progressive education system, none of us probably read the same history books.) Even to hope that they get blown up by terrorists just NEVER crossed my mind.

Interestingly enough, I think I further realized that I'm one of those people who can't ignore that their military is a professional, volunteer one like ours, and that their soldiers are actively spilling blood alongside our soldiers and Marines, regardless of the cause. In conclusion: Awesome thread is awesome.

I have to admit that my wife stayed up the night to watch it, but in fairness she lived in England for 10+ years. While she is a U.S. citizen, she spent her middle, high school, and college years in Eastbourne on the south coast of England. While she enjoys the pageantry and trappings of the Royal Wedding, she is U.S. born and bred and is upset at what England has become.

FWIW, I would rather watch paint dry than the Royal Wedding.

I saw in the paper today what will undoubtedly be one of the classic photos of all time dealing with this event: As the couple kissed on the balcony a little girl was beside them...scowling over the edge with her hands over her ears......great shot!!!

The only thing I found interesting about the whole thing was the fact that they estimated almost a third of the world population watched the wedding. The last numbers I saw estimated a smaller percentage of people than that even had television.

The only thing I found interesting about the whole thing was the fact that they estimated almost a third of the world population watched the wedding. The last numbers I saw estimated a smaller percentage of people than that even had television.

that IS pretty surprising... i saw a CNN poll that showed something like 70% of UK pollees didn't give a crap about the wedding, and 85% of Americans couldn't care less.

it was at the gym, and you have to plug your earbuds into the machines to hear the TVs, so i don't have any other info other than the graphic i saw on the screen... but i remember thinking that that sounded about right to me.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top