JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, is it illegal to have a short barrel in your possesion, even if it's not on a gun? Say I have a 26" barrelled 870, then next to it I have a 14" barrel, just sitting there. Reason I'm asking is because "theoretically", if SHTF, all the guns were banned or taken away, all the laws on what's legal went out the window, cause it would all be illegal, it would kinda be nice to have a real short barrel "somebody" could throw on real quick.

I believe there is a thing called "constructive intent" that could possibly get you vanned. I'd just go ahead and get the NFA stamp anyway, I mean what is the fun in having a shorty barrel if you can't go out and blast crap with it?

So, is it illegal to have a short barrel in your possesion, even if it's not on a gun? Say I have a 26" barrelled 870, then next to it I have a 14" barrel, just sitting there. Reason I'm asking is because "theoretically", if SHTF, all the guns were banned or taken away, all the laws on what's legal went out the window, cause it would all be illegal, it would kinda be nice to have a real short barrel "somebody" could throw on real quick.

You may want to worry about other things besides 4" off your barrel in SHTF.

If you are really concerned, then buy an SBS.

Yes, your possession with intent to install is illegal. It would suck to spend SHTF in prison.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top