JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've had to sell off some non essentials but kept about 8k of .22lr and only maybe 400-500 .22mag's - only use the mags for grouse and small game so with still finding a box here and there I'm good.

I've bought buy the case before. So I understand about the price being cheaper by bulk.
But with my household budget the way it is now , that is not a option very often.
So now I buy what I can , when I can.
Between prices going up and ammo being scarce at times , buying a box or two , when out and about , just makes sense. Layaway works too , if the store offers it.
Even during "peak" ammo shortages , I have had enough to use and share , using this method.
That said I still miss the days of $9.00 - $ 12.00 bricks of .22LR ammo ....
Andy

I've bought buy the case before. So I understand about the price being cheaper by bulk.
But with my household budget the way it is now , that is not a option very often.
Between prices going up and ammo being scarce at times , buying a box or two , when out and about , just makes sense. Layaway works too , if the store offers it.
Even during "peak" ammo shortages , I have had enough to use and share , using this method.
Andy

Yeah, And my feeling is in a few years you are going to miss the ammo prices today. If we dont manage to keep the democrats out of the big chair I think you will see attacks on ammo. Likely new laws that restrict online sales. If Hillary get in, which I bet there is a better than even chance she does, You are gonna look back on April 2016 as "the good ol days"

Best find or make some extra money and not make the same mistake you did not buying .22 when it was cheap.:D

Yikes!! that would be scary if these are "the good old days" Ironmonster. LOL
I do not think I'm short of ammo , nor do I think I "made a mistake not buying .22 ..."
However I did say that even during "peak" shortages I have had enough to use and share.
I do think that gun and ammo companies tend to take advantage of us with things like the same size box , but with less ammo for a higher price , in regards to "the good old days ..."
Andy

Last Edited:
Andy
I'm not downing anyone for buying one box at a time. There were times when that was all I could afford. I still buy 1 or three boxes if I'm in a store and they have a good price.

Not meaning to imply or say that you or anyone who responded is "downing anyone" Flopsweat.
I did not feel that you were.
Just posting how I buy my ammo right now...
Sorry for the confusion about my post.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews