JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think the model 600/660 was so terrible looking....

View attachment 693788

....guess this is a case of The Eye of The Beholder. :s0153:

Plastic trigger guard, a vent rib, funny dog-leg bolt, and an "interesting" laminate color/pattern? Not to mention the plastic parts in the trigger group that would warp, resulting a gun that would go off on its own...

Plastic trigger guard, a vent rib, funny dog-leg bolt, and an "interesting" laminate color/pattern? Not to mention the plastic parts in the trigger group that would warp, resulting a gun that would go off on its own...
...what's so funny about the bolt handle and the laminate stock....like I said, eye of the beholder.

I would think the 358win would be perfect in this setting. Large bullet short range but a reloadlng proposition. Some one would need to put it together. It would be my choice.
So you're saying you like the .358 in this setting, but only if its reloaded?
Why does a .358 Winchester HAVE to be reloaded in order to work on large game?

Or BEER holder!:s0090:
...beer?....I'll bring MY "beer glass"...

1588818179506.png

...:D

I have a similar one, but it's from the early 70's and has the Olympia label on it. :D
Back in my "party" days, I got plastic pitcher from a Routable Pizza in Issaquah.
They let you keep it and if you brought it in on your next visit, you would be treated to a free pitcher of soda.
...I ended up using mine as "My beer glass". I think it held two pounders or three regular beers.
I still remember a party we had at the apartment and I was standing there drinking out of MY beer glass when a girl walked up and held out her empty cup and said "Wow, wait service too? You guys have the BEST parties!".
I couldn't say no to that, I filled her glass......then went back to the kitchen and refilled mine. :D

The point is the only redeeming thing that survived off the M600 is the action, the rest can go in the trash. Even Remington thought so.
I dunno, they did sorta bring it back as the 673 in 03. That one, though, just didn't light my fire, nor anyone elses! They dis-continued it the next year.

Rem 673.jpg

My vote is for the BLR 20 inch barrel in 308. If I was buying new I would have to go that route.
But I couldn't t afford a BLR when I bought this used '57' Winchester M88 in 308.

63 years ago I don' know how she shot but in 2020 she shoots the same clover leaf at 100 she has since we brought it home many moons ago. Trigger is a treat. Scope is a 4X Weaver with a tilt mount. It maybe the perfect all around cartridge paired with a light, easy handling versatile and crazy accurate rifle.

I know we are were very fortunate in this particular example, a BLR might be heavier, but a better choice, and of course you can still buy one new.

Which ever way the OP goes in choosing a cartridge he will be very happy; our light lever action with it's tilting low fixed power scope and irons, is the the most all-around useful rifle in our safe.

20171123_152040.jpg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top