Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

shopping spree

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by susan, Jul 2, 2011.

1. susan

susan Issaquah WA New Member

I just recently got back into shooting and went on a bit of a Ruger spending spree today. I traded for a Mark III Hunter stainless (thanks to a smooth transaction with waterdog1021), then I picked up my new 10/22 Carbine synthetic/stainless and GP 100 stainless. The next gun I'll be adding is probably a S&W M&P 9mm. I know the 1911 is a favorite, but I think it's a little more firepower than I need. A friend has a pretty big collection so I'm going to shoot a few different guns before making a final decision.

Tomorrow I shoot!

Trlsmn and (deleted member) like this.
  2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

1911 in 45 acp is an awesome gun. So much fun that i have to remind myself i have other firearms.
    You want one, you know you do!!!

You will love the ruger MK3, the 10/22, not sure about the GP100. i prefer my S/W revolver.
    Enjoy yourself i just sent a 100 rounds down range today.

3. elsie

elsie Way over there on the left Well-Known Member

Need is a four-letter word. I prefer fun. Go for the 1911 (too). You can never have enough fun.

elsie

4. susan

susan Issaquah WA New Member

When I shot new revolvers, I liked the Ruger better. It seems like the trigger pull was smoother. Having said that, I do plan to get an older S&W revolver that's p&r. That'll come after the M&P, and what may be a new addition to the want/need list - a 1911. :)

5. PDXSparky

PDXSparky Keizer / Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Excellent idea.

6. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

get a 1911 in 9mm

7. smurf hunter

smurf hunter Auburn, WA Active Member

I haven't blown up my GP100 (yet?) and I've tried all manner of hand loading experiments. It took 500 dry fires before I got the trigger where I liked it.

8. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

so expensive to shoot is my only problem