JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello,
I am in the market for a semi auto tactical type 12 gauge .
I know pumps are reliable etc.
I have always wanted an SA 12 gauge and have narrowed it down to the Mossberg 930 spx and Weatherby SA459 TR8.
Anyone own or shoot either of these?
Thoughts?

Both have some minor issues that can be easily cured with a little finish work ( tune)
These are $750-$900 in an 8 shot version chambered 3"

Thank you

I would bet the Weatherby is a turkish made shot gun.They make decent firearms over there so I would have to handle one before I purchased it (wouldn't buy online)
Here's a review on it
<broken link removed>
The mossberg seems to be as nice as any mossberg I have handled.Utilitarian gun not a high end.
Unfortunately I believe the Weatherby is about the same and not a high end shotgun like the double guns

im a mossberg guy for life. over 20k thru my 535 without malfunction. of course you heard this about an hour ago when i walked across the shop and told you. Glad we're busy at work today.:D:D

I'm not a mossy dude really but have and run a pretty tricked out spx. She had been 100% flawless for over 1000 rounds of various loads,mostly target. That is until I didn't clean her after a trip. My buddy's hunting Weatherby is nice light and I'm sure good. But the SPX is amazing for the price. Although I want a Beretta tactical so..... 20160109_104648.jpg

20160109_104648.jpg

Thanks for the replies.
I am going for a 930 SPX.
Looks like with a little prep work it is as reliable as any.
With lots of upgrades available .