JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I just closed my real estate transaction for a nice piece of ground in the Seattle-Tacoma area. I told the real estate broker to get whatever she could for it. I'm done with that pestilential stink hole area.

I cant imagine being locked up for 23 years.

<End Edit> Didn't realize I went on for so long, ha my bad

A lot of these thieves are being tracked down and prosecuted... sure most get off but the point is THEY ARE FOUND.
Let me get back to that.
So after multiple arrests for committing crimes, this man still isnt learning, and after over a decade of committing crimes steals again, a $60 hedger. And why not?
He ultimately doesnt learn a lesson because the system has been lenient.
Other people see this and think "Hey I aint got much to lose. I can afford to chance it, and if I get caught there's no real consequence."
The risks outweighs the consequences in their minds...even if it does mean spending a few days, weeks or months in jail.
For the homeless, that's 3 squares, a roof over their head and daily showers.
A lot of gang initiations include shoplifting.
Now days kids, even the "popular kids" think its cool to steal and get away with it.
How can it get worse than that?
It always does unless there are consequences.

When I was young -80s 90s - it was the troublemakers that did things like that.

Let's jump it up. Violent crime.
What will happen?
Notice the "game" the youngsters are playing these days...hit someone for no reason. Knock em out even! Not just gangs. So-called 'regular' teens; honor roll kids; holding up stores, fighting for the fun of it. It wasnt that long ago that the only fights in schools involved 2 individuals who needed to settle something between the 2 of them. And that was it.
Our society is getting more extreme & more violent by the day.
In 97, the term "family" in the usa was imploding. (It had been for a while- especially since the start of the sexual revolution in the 60s.) Divorce rates in the 1950s were...get this- .25.
Point. Two. Five.
In the 90s they were around 50-55%% and were rising sharply.
Divorce today, nearly 25 years later, is almost certain.
Our society has been steadily crumbling before everyone's eyes to see for themselves. A lot of them are too consumed with their cellphones & to be honest- themselves -to notice the radical shift that's taken place the past 60 years.
Just keep poppin those pills
Just keep smokin that dope
Just keep drinking that alcohol
Just keep believing the lies the media tells

And it starts younger & younger each generation.
My point is this country needs to get back to family ties. But it will never get back to that. We're past the point of no return.

If we nip it in the bud with rules that plainly state IF YOU CONTINUE TO BREAK THE LAW AND COMMIT CRIMES YOU WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF SOCIETY, maybe there's a chance we wont get to a Purge-style state of society as quickly.

Anyway, they can be found. The ability is there.
With the rate of cameras and surveillance going up everywhere, AI joining in on searches- in 5-10 years, there's no way to get away with anything.
Pre-crime just might be next.

In the end God will look into our hearts & ask us how did we love each other.
And then judge each and every one of us 1 x 1
Ramble complete

The main reason employees are prohibited from physical contact with the shoplifter is the company liability for the workers injuries under Work Comp. This is very expensive and would cost more than the value of the stolen items.

Prosecution for even petty property theft crimes is practically non existent now! Had a thief walk into the community not once, but three times to steal people's stuff off their property, and though the police did come, they didn't catch him in the act, so we're unable to arrest him. This same dude is well known to the local retailers as a major source of theft, his daily take exceeded the limits, bit was never arrested or prosecuted so he continues. Salem has forced the homeless out of the area, but this dude came back within two weeks of being "Relocated" and now without any competition, has escalated his "Take" and is now a regular visitor here in my neighborhood! I was told to keep hands off and to just call the police and file complaints, but not to confront, stop, or put hands on him unless he ever came inside the home! I asked what would happen if one of the dogs got ahold of him while in the fenced and marked yard, they said It best not to call or report anything and let nature take it's course! If the dude showed up in the local E.R. with dog bites, he earned them! If it were reported, there would be issues, and potential loss of the dog in question! What the Actual Phuck? So, not only am forbidden from defending my own property, if my dog(s) bites, I'm liable now?
It's like the insane have taken over the asylum the crooks have all the rights now and becoming a victim of both the crook AND the State, or worse a felon for protecting your property!

Had a chat with the store manager of the local Walmart here, she told me the bigger loss isn't in in-store thefts, it's the customers cars getting broken into daily in their lots! It's not just Walmart, Fred's, and WinCo too! This store has a hired gun security company who patrol the lot in a big jacked up Dodge Cummins with lights,sirens, cameras, and serious tactical looking dudes, Walmart also has two reserved parking spots right by the front doors for LEO when they get the 40+ daily calls!

Had a chat with the store manager of the local Walmart here, she told me the bigger loss isn't in in-store thefts, it's the customers cars getting broken into daily in their lots! It's not just Walmart, Fred's, and WinCo too! This store has a hired gun security company who patrol the lot in a big jacked up Dodge Cummins with lights,sirens, cameras, and serious tactical looking dudes, Walmart also has two reserved parking spots right by the front doors for LEO when they get the 40+ daily calls!
Same here in potland on SE 82nd Ave. Probably elsewhere in the metro too, has those little trailers with the solar charging set-up, W/lights and camera's.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews