JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Both eyes open, for reasons given above, but also because my facial muscles were really tired at the end of a (handgun) session from holding the one eye closed. Also, that closed eye took some time to stop being blurry from having been held shut, which was especially noticeable during the drive home.

I'm still trying to transition after many moons of one eye shooting.

Not once during Basic and then AIT did the shooting instructors ever say a peep about using both eyes open though by the time I got in the Army, I had been shooting for years with on one eye open, so there's that...

Leupold 1-4 scope (set on 1x) and deer running in trees at 40 plus yrds made me adapt.
Now both eyes open off eye gives subtle take on periphery right eye has the cross hair and target glued together with the subtle trigger pull.

First hunting was with a Winchester 94 30-30 pre. Open sites and peep(two aperatures)

Both eyes open. I'm left eye dominate / right handed but it works fine for me. Shotgun - both eyes open but I have a fog patch over where the bead is on my left eye, otherwise I have to close one eye. Pistols - right handed, left eye, usually squinting the right.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top