JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Got out for a bit today and wanted to tap in my Buffalo Bill Commemorative Winchester with some new loads and shoot a couple S & W revolvers but at the last minute all I had for targets were some cheesy paper plates with horrible blue/green colors AND at least a 3" circle of the same colors - so I did not get a real good target "contrast' but I did the best I could - the left is my best 5 shot group with 'Buffalo Bill' (offhand, kneeling) and the right is with my S&W Mod 66...Pics are the plates reversed so you can see the holes!
A2U9ZjCFIGtqICUqTvVGmiujvTivrLRIabhbD_zKUUOdv_JWmwxXo43VwimDqM86R5LVo8FdFmYCj3QlpOc=w850-h637-no.jpg

Went plinking with my 223 Tikka super lite today. Took some notes down on drop from JBM ballistics calculator and wanted to check out to see how accurate they were. I found a nice spot way out in the desert with some good size rocks at the base of a hillside. Had the rifle sighted at 100 yards dead on but my first "rock" was at 502 yards. Checked my notes and dialed up 9.5 minutes and let one go. SCHWACK!!!! Dead rock!

I kept tinkering around and tried about 10 rounds way out at 900 yards, I hit 2 out of 10 which is pretty good considering my load goes sub-sonic around 850 yards. Think I'll go play with it some more tomorrow.

Very impressed with the 69 grainers out of the 223. Wouldn't have thought it would be that simple hitting long range consistently with a lightweight rifle in 223.

Cheap Fun!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads