JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've noticed here lately that I've been shooting to the left.not much but enough to be annoying.im usually not low just dead left of the bullseye.any suggestions on what to try to bring me back on.if I aim right of the bullseye I can usually get it dead on.wondering if it just isn't my eye.its been degrading quickly in the last year or so.

Assuming handgun

1: inspect sights for anything visibly off.

2: let someone else shoot it

3: if some else shoots it and it shoots straight, use more finger on the trigger to see if it corrects

4: if it shoots left for the other guy, get a few more people to shoot it. If its consistently left, see which sight would be easier to drift and have someone with a sight pusher move it for you.

IMG_141003603421616.jpe
Any idea how I should
Move it to help the problem?
http://gear-report.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/IMG_141003603421616.jpeg

Did you mention what caliber(s)? I've heard of very experienced shooters developing a subconscious flinch or jerk after years without one. Especially indoors where it's just too damn loud even with ear protection. But really, it sounds more like a finger pad/squeeze issue, since you're using different weps, and you're not popping high or yanking low.

Bivy53's suggestion to dry fire a lot is a good one.

Any way you can try it with a revolver? Go single action, triggering a random mix of full loads and empty brass that someone else put into the cylinder so you don't know what's coming next.

Helps if your friend can watch closely and provide constructive critique. He/she might need a little work too. Expecting a loud bang with recoil but getting a harmless click instead can tell an interesting story. And sometimes the loud bangs find their way back to bullseye after you work through a few dozen random surprise empties.

.22 is wonderful for sorting out subtle issues as well.

Worth a try.

Last Edited:
My shotgun shoots to the left... but that's my eye placement problem with only a front bead.

The shooters clock mentioned above is why you shoot that way.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top