JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went shooting today. My blood pressure is down. Wonderful way to reduce stress and good relaxation therapy for the mind.

Do you feel better after a day of "shooting therapy?"

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Informal shooting of the "plinking" type or the "Lets see if I can hit that odd bit of left over clay bird , spent shell casing etc"...is the most fun for me.
I find it relaxing and a excellent way to "recharge " and enjoy my time outdoors or with friends.
Andy

My wife will insist I go shooting if it's been more then a couple weeks, cuz she knows I deal with life a lot better after the fact.

Always tells me to take as much time as I need. I'd probably stay out longer if I had more time with her but we have busy schedules.

Shooting is great therapy especially as the weather turns better. Got a lot of yard work done this last week and finally got my 10mm project rolling full speed. Mortar forker if that isn't just a bunch of fun to get out to the range on a warm beautiful day and shoot what you have studied and put together yourself. The pride of thinking out something that just worked so well really makes me happy and 10mm is great fun.

Even better yet I found if I only waste a little time on the net each week I am much happier. Saturday morning with coffee will be my net day from now on but even then it will be very limited to time on. Read the news, check the classifieds and look for one ore two threads to post in. It's been a great week off the net and next week is my idaho scout project with a week of travel and some time in eastern oregon with my 22 250.

Where I hunt , you can often find a safe spot to "plink" for a bit...
This is great to do when scouting the area pre-hunting season...as I can tryout my gear and practice a "hunting shot" , that a shot that is under field conditions...no bench , under various lighting etc...

Just hiking around in the area while carrying and occasionally shooting one of my muzzleloaders is very therapeutic for me.
Andy

Decided to get a 22 250 because my brother runs a ranch in Eastern oregon and tells me I should come over and shoot some. I bought some ammo here and tried the gun this week too. I shake too bad to get those fine groups some guys get but the gun showed fine accuracy at 200 yards on the 6 inch steel. Thinking a trigger job will help.

Going to hunt for two days then hit Idaho and look for a place to live, I don't want to be a last minute person to move in the winter should the vote go through to steal our property. Searching on the net doesn't give you the feeling of being in the town and meeting some of the people. I picked some decent towns to look at, away from the beaten path and perfect for a retired gent.:D

Where I hunt , you can often find a safe spot to "plink" for a bit...
This is great to do when scouting the area pre-hunting season...as I can tryout my gear and practice a "hunting shot" , that a shot that is under field conditions...no bench , under various lighting etc...

Just hiking around in the area while carrying and occasionally shooting one of my muzzleloaders is very therapeutic for me.
Andy

Back when I was younger, my buddy and I used to shoot a lot of jackrabbits with our cap and ball rifles and revolver pistols. That was a blast. Very therapeutic indeed. I remember one time watching him chasing after a rabbit and tripping over a sage as he fired in the air, saying "I got it"... I said sure you did ;) . Thinking back to those times and memories can also be therapeutic for me..

Informal shooting of the "plinking" type or the "Lets see if I can hit that odd bit of left over clay bird , spent shell casing etc"...is the most fun for me.
Same with me. I use targets & bench to sight in but then its offhand for me. Most of my shooting outings are just a couple hours a few minutes from home so I can go nearly anytime - including on my way home from work as soon as the days get longer. Nothing better after a stressful day than to be able to stop and blaze a way for a while!

Aaaahhhhhhh, coffee is finished and time to get off the net and do things in real life.:cool:

Later guys, no sense just sitting around talking when you can be living a great life. Get off the net and start living again.:D

Last time over in X_mas valley met a local who said he used to shoot squirrels w/a muzzle loader. There was a group of them in the late '70's that would hit the fields w/their muzzle loaders for a day of squirrel shooting. He said they'd sell the tails to Luhr Jensen and Wardens for making lures. He was cruising around w/ a fully outfitted Kidd w/a suppressor that he had shot out 1 barrel and action, he said the suppressor is hard on the actions. He estimated over 20k rnds through the 1st barre/action.

Shot some 10 yesterday evening then spent an hour on the progressive, today will be 10mm/44mag shooting. Then I've got to get on the tractor and finish chipping a pile, put the mower deck on and start working at getting the grass down along the hwy, driveway, outbuildings, trails, fields, etc.... not a 1 day affair but it's the 1st time this year. I'll be doing it all summer until the grass quits growing. I find it therapeutic also but it's usually the last thing I get around to w/all the other stuff going on, I can easily waste a day sitting on the tractor which seems like a waste of a day.

This weather is pretty motivating :)

same here I took my son shooting yesterday both of us enjoy this just like when He and I go fishing we can sit in the dirt all day and catch nothing and it is still the best day ever,
your right something about it just puts a relaxed smile on my face too :)

download.jpg

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR