Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Shooting this weekend

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by motohead185, Nov 19, 2009.

1. motohead185

motohead185 Portland, OR Member

Hey i guys me and one of my buddies are going to do some plinking this weekend. Was thinking of north bonnieville or what ever its called over there or just out of estacada across there bridge but i think there is snow up there now, so i am open to ideas for some where else. :thumbup:

2. 56kninja

56kninja Portland Member

If you go towards the tillamook forest area, there's a couple roads. Section 10 road and Shields Road, this is where I usually go. But there will probably be snow, you could easily walk up to the shooting spots though.

3. motohead185

motohead185 Portland, OR Member

hey thx for the info. is there any places that do not have snow? Oh and anyone that wants to go with is welcome to join.

4. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

there is another place right off the highway out of estacada. Just keep going past the bridge you cross (memaloose rd). The other range is another couple of miles up the highway on the left side of the road just past the mostly straight stretch.

My self and a couple of friend are going to be going there tomorrow morning after we go to the gun show for some ammo. I am going to bring a couple of the M-16s i just built to test them out. We should be there around 10 or 11. if you come, see you there.

here is a link to the location:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...75,-122.199984&spn=0.041123,0.075788&t=h&z=14

marked as b on the map.

5. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Has the snow level in the coast range gotten as low as Brown's Camp yet?

6. bt97006

bt97006 Aloha Member

My wife works at the correctional institution right up hwy. 6 from there. She said no snow this morning when she left.