JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Cor Bon 320 grain seems like a good choice to me. The .44 special rounds I'm just buying anything I can find. They're just for practice.

"But the stopper, the great penetrator, is the 320 grain Bonded Core (BC). This load averages 1175 fps and packs plenty of power. Penetration is on the level of a .45-70 rifle, per my testing. This is a load for those wishing to hunt the largest bear with a handgun, or even African game in the hands of a seasoned handgunner."

http://www.gunblast.com/RKCampbell_Cor-Bon.htm

At the risk of being too nit-pickey...

It appears in your photo that the revolver is loaded (please correct me if I'm wrong - it's hard to tell for certain).

If it is loaded...It is a good idea to drill yourself to NEVER allow your finger inside or even near the trigger guard of a loaded firearm unless and until you are prepared to put a hole in whatever is in front of the muzzle.

The great thing about the Ruger Redhawk is that you can dry fire it until you wear your finger out - snap caps are not needed. I'm dry firing mine -from 1983, right now. It's how I got the trigger to feel so smooooooth.

Same with the Super Redhawk, my other favourite Ruger, apart from the ROA.

tac in yUK

I finally made it out to do a little shooting. You're probably wondering where you can get targets like these. I'd like to say I wasn't trying real hard, or something, but I was. This is the very best I could do. I was 20 feet from the targets. I felt like I was shooting to the left the whole while. Looking at the targets, it's not as bad as I thought. I was trying different trigger finger placement, shooting positions, etc. I've also been dry firing the gun. My conclusion? I need more practice. But it's expensive!

I hate to be a pest but I'd like to ask one more question. How tight of groups should a competent shooter be able to shoot with this gun at 20ft? Should I be practicing at a different range? (Oops! That was two more questions) Thanks again for all the input- it's been very helpful.

Your shooting standing up, double action with a short barreled 44 mag? If so then I think if you can get your groups to be consistently the size of the smaller groups in that picture you would be doing fine.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top