JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I had some scrap wood laying around, and I was tired of using a wobbly tv tray as a shooting table, so I came up with this. Not too pretty, but it is sturdy and should offer a good shooting platform for my range. The main table is 6.5ftx3.5ft. I think I'm just going to leave it raw wood; It is dry out here and wood does not tend to rot.

The only problem now is the dang thing weighs a ton, not sure if my wife is going to be much help in moving it to the range. I was barely able to flip it over.

3oMEBMi.jpg RmSCilx.jpg phe3Z9E.jpg MEaSlbT.jpg DE7fCvT.jpg

Looks nice, but seems a little big... I've been thinking about getting one of the foldable shooting tables but they are a bit pricey. Could probably cobble one together myself if I had the time.

I built three like this for our ranges. Coated them with Thompson Water Seal and they are holding up ok. Probably should have just painted them.

Heavy is a good thing in a shooting bench especially if it is going to be a permanent fixture.

IMG_2250.JPG

I have a heavy folding table I take out sometimes if I think I'm going to be using it a lot. Otherwise the plastic ones with fold out legs are good enough for me.

If I shot off my deck at all I'd probably be motivated to construct something.

Last Edited:
I built three like this for our ranges. Coated them with Thompson Water Seal and they are holding up ok. Probably should have just painted them.

Heavy is a good thing in a shooting bench especially if it is going to be a permanent fixture.

View attachment 423726

I like that style. We have some very similar at our range as well. They work great. When I go to my favorite gravel pit by myself, I use my portable bench. It's probably older than I am, but it sure works great:

ZVyLiAb.jpg

I use it rain or shine:
Vr0DVy8.jpg
rWhHRrE.jpg

I've looked at the portable benches from cablea's and coastal, but they all seem to be way too wobbly for my taste. This one is pretty rock solid for a portable..

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top