JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey all,
I'm new to the Canby/Oregon city area. CHL holder looking for outdoor spots to shoot nearby.
Normally go to 36 pit but it's a bit of a trek from here.
Any outdoor spots closer by?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Not very close but check out Molalla Rifle Club.
Looks pretty cool but I need somewhere where I can work from the holster/moving etc. More open range or pit style rather than from a bench with others shooting at the same time.
Does this place have anything like that? Couldn't tell from their website photos.

The 50 yard range is for pistol and rim fire rifles, while the 100 yard range is used mostly for Rifles (center fire and rim fire). When my wife and I go shooting up there, it is normally just the two of us. The 50 yd range, you can shot from the benches, or shoot from a dozen yards from the back stop, as long as there is agreement from all parties. Membership is $40 a year, $50 initiation fee, the following year there is a $120 work bond that you can work off during the year or pay with the next years dues. Next club meeting is June 9th at the range at 2pm. You are welcome to show up and attend our meetings.

I also wanted to mention that the range is a few miles back into BML land, you have to travel 4 or 5 miles on a logging road back to the range. Great for trucks and SUV, not so much for small sports cars, lol.

Ron

The 50 yard range is for pistol and rim fire rifles, while the 100 yard range is used mostly for Rifles (center fire and rim fire). When my wife and I go shooting up there, it is normally just the two of us. The 50 yd range, you can shot from the benches, or shoot from a dozen yards from the back stop, as long as there is agreement from all parties. Membership is $40 a year, $50 initiation fee, the following year there is a $120 work bond that you can work off during the year or pay with the next years dues. Next club meeting is June 9th at the range at 2pm. You are welcome to show up and attend our meetings.

I also wanted to mention that the range is a few miles back into BML land, you have to travel 4 or 5 miles on a logging road back to the range. Great for trucks and SUV, not so much for small sports cars, lol.

Ron

Thanks Ron! That sounds pretty good.
I will try and make it to that meeting.

When shooting at Molalla all rounds need to end up in the bullet trap. Where you shoot from is up to you as long as you do not endanger your self or another. No metal, glass, food or exploding targets. Pack your own trash out when done.

Looks pretty cool but I need somewhere where I can work from the holster/moving etc. More open range or pit style rather than from a bench with others shooting at the same time.
Does this place have anything like that? Couldn't tell from their website photos.
What you can do to find abandoned gravel pits, etc on public land is to search for them by air.
Fly over them and mark the waypoint.
Then drive to them.

The best phone app that I've found for doing that is onX
There is a free 7 day trial without having to give any billing info.
The learning curve is not bad...I haven't read the manual and just by dinking around, I have it working.
The Mother's Day sale runs until 5/12 and that's $30 $20 for a year for one state.
Best Hunting App - Offline Land Ownership Hunting GPS Maps | onX
I did the trial and just now bought it.
It's like Google Earth with a brain.

And it runs offline which is a big deal, as you know.
The places I want to get to usually have no cell coverage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top