JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to put together a local map of shooting locations with the boundries being north Woodland, east Amboy/Yacolt to the Washington border south. This could include any local gun clubs as well. (ie..English Pit, Clark Rifle Range ect...) I really am looking for the more forestry, gravel pit style locations. Any help from you hunters out there is greatly appreciated. Cheers:s0155:

I could help out with the forest part but also depends on really the distances your wanting to drive and were. Also, if your wanting to share these locations with everyone in the world. I am sick of seeing garbage from shooters and bad decisions for backings while shooting. I seriously wonder were some peoples common sense are when they have their guns out.

Its like the gun club owners are lobbying the BLM and DNR to close these public ranges ?

Most of the gun clubs in this area are pretty full as far as membership goes.

I side with Torqk911 - too many idiots trashing up the public places. The writing is on the wall. If you have a nice public place be careful who you share it with or you stand to loose it. The DNR is leaning against public shooting and will shut down whatever they can given even the weakest excuse.

Prime example. I see every weekend someone shooting openly across the valley of this river. Possibility of traffic across from them in the valley, possibility of traffic below them, and they are within 20 feet of a paved road with several cars an hour going by to get into the forest.

I have found some nice secluded spots and spend an extra 20 minutes to get to them. I enjoy the safety of only having to worry about the people in my group vs anyone else.

there's a pit in skamania county. it's a pretty damn good one, too, and car accessible. i'm not going to say where exactly it is, because like many others, i'm sick of uncontrolled ranges being shut down due to idiots dumping all kinds of garbage.

Would you be willing to give up the location? My buddy just got a dueling tree and I want to take my 10 year old out so we can break it in.

all i'm going to say is use google maps and use it to scan for anything that looks like an open area on the overhead satellite map. that's how i found the pit i went to earlier today. if you find the same one i went to, just make sure to park your vehicle before proceeding along the trail. if you don't, you might have yourself a "typical boneheaded subaru driver" situation. be prepared to leg it the rest of the way, and please, clean up after yourself after you're done. :)

Honestly, I am amazed at how much pavement and good gravel roads can be found in the Gillford forest. I can easily zip up into the forest and be on pavement for a lot of it. I also found a nice secluded camp ground area that seems pretty nice for camping and shooting fun.

Honestly, I am amazed at how much pavement and good gravel roads can be found in the Gillford forest. I can easily zip up into the forest and be on pavement for a lot of it. I also found a nice secluded camp ground area that seems pretty nice for camping and shooting fun.

if that's the same one i'm thinking of. i was there on sunday. i may very well venture out that one more often since it's only 30 to 45mins away from where i live, depending on traffic.

Yeah its a challenge ti find a spot sometimes there if traffic is high. there is a ton of slots setup and used in from the sunset campground up. I will be using one of those this coming week to sight in my scope on my new rifle due to a little more range. the other is hard to find distance on

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top