Shooting spot near Astoria or Cape Disappointment

Reactions
Hey gals and guys.

I'm looking for a shooting spot out by Astoria or Cape Disappointment. I'm located in Hillsboro but I have a buddy that I'm meeting up with over there. We want to go shooting but I'm not familiar with that area as far as shooting spots go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jblake00

Reactions
There's the Chinook gun club, which from what I hear is mostly just covered benches. Or out on HW 202, right about MP 14.5 there's a gravel road that heads north with no gate. All of that property is state property. Head up until the road splits, take a left and just keep heading straight. There are 3 turn out with big rock piles you can shoot into. Popular place for locals and law enforcement to practice their skills.

jblake00

Reactions
As a last note, we used to usa a shooting range just on the north side of the Columbia bar for qualifications. We shot Berreta's, M16s, and 870's. Heard they shut it down due to to much lead from the ammo. I think it had more to do with a bunch of 20 year olds having full autos so close to historic locations...

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom