Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

Shooting spot near Astoria or Cape Disappointment

Reactions
Hey gals and guys.

I'm looking for a shooting spot out by Astoria or Cape Disappointment. I'm located in Hillsboro but I have a buddy that I'm meeting up with over there. We want to go shooting but I'm not familiar with that area as far as shooting spots go. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reactions
There's the Chinook gun club, which from what I hear is mostly just covered benches. Or out on HW 202, right about MP 14.5 there's a gravel road that heads north with no gate. All of that property is state property. Head up until the road splits, take a left and just keep heading straight. There are 3 turn out with big rock piles you can shoot into. Popular place for locals and law enforcement to practice their skills.

Reactions
As a last note, we used to usa a shooting range just on the north side of the Columbia bar for qualifications. We shot Berreta's, M16s, and 870's. Heard they shut it down due to to much lead from the ammo. I think it had more to do with a bunch of 20 year olds having full autos so close to historic locations...

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done business with Jeff for many years,he is trustworthy and honest
    • grpolarbear
  • Rangemaster Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    I've known him from the beginning. I trust him completely. His prices are fair. He is technically competent in all aspects of gunsmithing and...
    • OLDMANWINTER
  • Country Line Shooting Sports
    5.00 star(s)
    If you like a good mom and pop, country store, County Line only lacks the cracker barrel and chairs to be damn near perfect. They try and for the...
    • CptPh0t0n
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    David is kind, considerate and a true professional as are the rest of his staff ! Thanks
    • LuLuBelle
  • Brimstone Gunsmithing
    5.00 star(s)
    Back in April, I had Brimstone do a Tier 1 trigger job for my 10/22 race gun build. After months of use and a handful of speed steel events, I...
    • Mister Bisley