JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good perspective on the situation, mkwerx. Spot on, I'd say. But where did this come from...?
OP's opinion of what is "wasteful" is just that - its your opinion, not a fact. Someone else may well "need" to get out and shoot, to alieviate the stress of being out of work, or cooped up at home, or maybe they just bought or built a defensive arm and need to ensure that it works and that it's properly sighted in. Live your life how you want but don't try to be a hall monitor and force others to be stuck indoors.
I'm the OP and I don't recall implying anything about being "Wasteful", did I? I ain't no hall monitor and I'm not trying to force anyone to stay indoors. If we need to shoot, then go shoot. If you don't then stay home. What a better way to stay away from people than to get out in the woods and enjoy some trigger time!

This thread was simply to learn of places that were open or closed to shooting. The advice is to go where you can, if you can, and be safe in what ever you decide to do.

We're in it together, man. We all choose what we want (and need) to do, so, go do it with gusto and with a good heart. Just use extra precautions so that no accidents happen that might require the use of first responders. You might not get a quick response!

Good perspective on the situation, mkwerx. Spot on, I'd say. But where did this come from...?

I'm the OP and I don't recall implying anything about being "Wasteful", did I? I ain't no hall monitor and I'm not trying to force anyone to stay indoors. If we need to shoot, then go shoot. If you don't then stay home. What a better way to stay away from people than to get out in the woods and enjoy some trigger time!

This thread was simply to learn of places that were open or closed to shooting. The advice is to go where you can, if you can, and be safe in what ever you decide to do.

We're in it together, man. We all choose what we want (and need) to do, so, go do it with gusto and with a good heart. Just use extra precautions so that no accidents happen that might require the use of first responders. You might not get a quick response!

Sorry Cogs, didn't mean you, I meant Mike with the string of random numbers!

Sorry Cogs, didn't mean you, I meant Mike with the string of random numbers!

MIKE WHO? Oh...I had to go back, and see you don't mean me. :oops: Carry on, and ignore. :D

In lue of shooting, I'm working on a trailer for my new upcoming series... "Breaking Bored" (or is that Board?!). #StayHome!
Breaking Bored
(Shop remodel at home)

Fricken hilarious! Bill! :s0140: But you know? You don't want to hurt yourself? And that poor dog of yours, is thinking you've gone NUTS!

We just got back from a small day trip and outdoor road side lunch at a trail head that has an outhouse and picnic tables. While ⁷we were having lunch a sherrif deputy stopped to chat. He said that they will not bother people going about their usual business up.in the mountains. Shooting, hiking, rafting or any other normal function. So for me and my grandson we will be back to normal, shooting every weekend.
Other places and counties might be different. But we are back to what we have been doing all along.

...Also secondary things to think about: driving is the most risky thing we do. Ending up in the hospital right now would be very bad. Also bad for society, they need all the beds they can get. How would I justify it if someone's grandpa died cus I was hogging a hospital bed!...

#flugaloo

Yup.

Tip, remain EXTRA diligent, cautious & defensive while driving these days!

Other regular folks out & about are EXTRA distracted these days. Not intentionally malicious, by any means. Just EXTRA distracted is all I'm saying.

Drive reasonable, cautious & aware.

Note someone being aggressive? Let em be on there way as soon as is safe for you to do so. Etc. No sense getting into a "thing" over anything avoidable ATM.

Watch those cross streets with care & particularly lighted intersections. We've noted more folks running well blatant Red lights (last car followers, trying to sneak thru etc) in the last 2 weeks than we have in years.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top