JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Had a pretty bad experience here. I was given a couple of free shooting passes for purchasing a gun at the Everett store and was told they were for the bothell/mill creek range.(since you must be member to use range). So the day came that i finally wanted to use them, called both the everett and bothell stores to make sure i was still able to use them, got the thumbs up from both places. Everett even said to have bothell call them if there was any problem. So i pack up my gear and make the 40+ min drive only to get there and have the bubblegum behind the counter tell me that they were expired and "sorry" w/ a smirk on his face. I explain that i had JUST called an hour ago and both stores said I was "good to go", but both guys just chuckled and said i would have to buy a membership. I explained to them (being in sales for a decade) that letting me use a free pass ONE TIME might be beneficial to them in the long run as they might gain a member for life. I then asked them "you are willing to lose a potential member over a free range pass?" they said "huhu sorry" and handed me a membership paper w/ pricing. These 2 morons that they have running this place are a discrace to the shooting community. (and yes one was a manager, he claimed). The fact that i called both stores to make sure all was ok before i drove all the way out there made no difference to these itiots, and they basically laughed in my face. TOTALLY Unacceptable! Of course i just smiled and walked out but will NEVER give them my business!!

Rant Over

My experience with Discount Guns is that they are pretty proud of everything they sell and that fact is reflected in all their price mark ups. The staff at the Everett shop are about as knowledgeable as my kid and maybe a a touch less friendly lol.

I was quoted 2 different prices for a transfer fee. Once over the phone and once in the store for $25 higher. The same day and same location for the same type of transfer.

I went to the lake city store. i understand that it costs more to live up here, but holy cow, it was truly the most expensive place ive ever seen. there attitudes were interesting to say the least. they used to send a couple of woman to the wac gun shows. they still wanted msrp plus it appears to be about 20-30%.

i'm not sure what to think but they must sell alot of guns to have soo many locations. it must be a first timers store. i feel like when you walk into one of them its like your in a mall and those guys are asking you about your cellphone like a cellphone salesman lol. the cellphone hustle but its the gun hustle. pricing is definitely overprice on alot of their items. But sometimes you can find a good deal depending on what your looking for. i've personally bought 2 firearms from them. the vancouver store/ hazel dell store has a nice younger laid back guy as the manager. and is easy to deal with. its worth a look, especially if you want some oddity like a 37mm launcher on your ar or smoke grenades for the 4th of july lol. but they will have their suppressor license down in vancouver shortly.

Garbage. Went in there with a G in my pocket intent on walking out with a G30 or an AR a while back... It was like trying to pry someone to want to take my money... tThe girl that works there was nice, but the two clowns I talked to regarding buying something were retards.

Never again for ANYTHING. Guy that works at the Lynnwood location is cool though... But sont let the name fool you, theres nothing "discount" about it..

LOL

if you doing FFL transfer through them and they have that gun in store that you bought you pay 10% of gun price.... so your $35 ffl transfer can turn in to $100 if you gun is $1000 or even higher.

I went into the Bothell location last night and signed up for a non-committal, one month membership so I could try out various pistols before making a purchase. The guys were great. I put 100 rounds through a combination of a Springfield XD 9mm and a Beretta 92FS. The range was busy but not packed, and I didn't see anything going on that made me feel unsafe.

As an aside, I agree that there appears to be no discount in Discount Gun Sales (DGS) prices when purchasing pistols. My observation is that several of their pistols are priced above the manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP). I'd really like to give local businesses my money when it comes time to purchase - I just don't think it will be DGS unless they're willing to make a deal.

Peter

There's a new discount guns down the street from me. After seeing their prices and what I've heard from others I won't go back.

Got this on a post I started about this place titled "Really!!!"
From Bingeebob:
I used to work for Discount Gun Sales not as a sales guy though. I can't tell you how many times clueless customers would walk in with money to blow, and get fed some bullcrap line by the sales guys, then walk out with a DPMS AR for like $1300. The guys behind the counter were nice enough, but were under tremendous pressure from the management up in Washington to sell more guns, the boss would call and chew them out daily if they didn't meet their goals. They have sky high prices and they know it, they aren't trying to sell to knowledgeable "gun-people", but are preying on the impulse buyers. The chain is owned by some used car salesman type, definitely NOT a gun guy, or a good guy.

I'm an early customer of their Totem Lake store and always got treated well and got decent prices. I mostly dealt with the owner and his son and have nothing but good things to say about them. Strange to read all the negative comments but maybe things have changed.

There's a new discount guns down the street from me. After seeing their prices and what I've heard from others I won't go back.

Got this on a post I started about this place titled "Really!!!"
From Bingeebob:
I used to work for Discount Gun Sales not as a sales guy though. I can't tell you how many times clueless customers would walk in with money to blow, and get fed some bullcrap line by the sales guys, then walk out with a DPMS AR for like $1300. The guys behind the counter were nice enough, but were under tremendous pressure from the management up in Washington to sell more guns, the boss would call and chew them out daily if they didn't meet their goals. They have sky high prices and they know it, they aren't trying to sell to knowledgeable "gun-people", but are preying on the impulse buyers. The chain is owned by some used car salesman type, definitely NOT a gun guy, or a good guy.

Went into this one for the first (and last) time in May of last year.

When i go into a new store, i usually ask for a cheap accessory so i can tie up the sales person while i scan prices. In this case, i asked if they had any P-Mags for an AR? Guy asks, 5.56? I said, yes sir. Gave him a credit card (also one of my diversionary tactics, as they take longer to process.) After seeing that the prices were higher than i was willing to pay, i walk over to the register to sign the slip and grab my mag. Looked at the receipt and realized i just paid around $20.00 for a magazine i get from the gun shows for $12.00 or so.

High priced firearms and accessories?

Just my opinion, Lefty.

I've had a pay-as-you-go monthly member here since January. I really like the facility. It is very clean, well run, safe, the air is well filtered, they have a nice selection of rentals, etc. It is a bit spendy at $50/month for the cancel-at-any-time membership, but might be deemed good value if you're going in 2-3x a month to shoot.

Recently I acquired a membership at the Seattle Police Athletic Association given that they have a 100-yard rifle range, and so I asked to cancel my membership here to keep my costs down. I made the call before the date for the automatic charge to my credit card for the next month. I was a tad surprised to see a charge on my credit card four days later. So far I have made 2 phone calls and now one email message to get the charge reversed.

So, I'd give the place 4 stars but -1 star for this simple billing problem.

Peter

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top