JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Ruger Mark III that I want to use for speed steel @ TCGC...but...the gun has a magazine disconnect safety.

Basically, you can't decock (dry fire) unless there is a magazine inserted.

From some competitiions that I did @ TCGC with a center fire pistol, I know that at the end of your strings you need to drop the magazine, show the clear chamber and then decock by dry firing.

Does anyone know if they allow guns with the magazine disconnect to be used which would require either not decocking or re-inserting an empty magazine?

I know that it is possible to modfiy the gun to remove the safety but I'd prefer to keep it all stock.

Thanks!

It's ok usually to not dryfire for 22LR. You aren't supposed to dry fire 22LR pistols and rifles anyway. You shouldn't have a problem with that so long as you don't have and idiot RO running your squad. Just show them the chamber is clear and keep that muzzle down range at the berm and not the ground and or your feet or the air and you're good to go.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top