Shooting sites near Manzanita?

Discussion in 'Outdoor Shooting Areas' started by nwjimmy, Jan 27, 2012.

1. nwjimmy

nwjimmy
    pdx

Visiting the coast this weekend.
    Any places near Manzanita (south of Cannon Beach) where I can take my wife target shooting with pistols?

2. hsullyc

hsullyc
    North coast,Nehalem,OR

There are many places over here.Feel free to PM me your number and I can give you a couple places.Thx..Dave

3. nwjimmy

nwjimmy
    pdx

Thanks for the offer Dave (I didn't see it until I checked on sunday), but we ended up spending all day Saturday in the sun on the beach. Sunday, too wet to shooting outside.

4. Mister Tribby

Mister Tribby
    PNW

Tried to message you but notes you are full. I am in nehalem this week and look My for a place where to shoot, any recommendations?

5. Beltfed

Beltfed
    Manzanita

I live in Manzanita and I’m looking for some where to shoot a little long range? And ideas?

6. NODEraser

NODEraser
    Astoria, Oregon

It's alliivvee... Back from the dead!

Anyway, I don't usually make it down that far but have a few spots marked out on Google Maps down there that I haven't checked out yet. That's how I've found the sites I use regularly, look around the the forest on satellite view for obvious rock quarries, slides, piles, etc., and then go scout them out. I know there are some along 26, though there are generally more people along 26 and 30. The sites I usually use are along 202; I bet you could find few spots off 53 that would be good and not too busy.