JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any sources out there for a shooting shoulder pad that still provides cushion when a shooter is in the prone position? They seem mostly geared toward shotgun sports shooters, with the pad providing cushion only when shooting from a standing position. I need something that I guess would go over the shoulder a bit instead of only being in the front.

Thanks!

I shoot a lot of milsurps that have metal butt plates. I've tried several different items for softening the recoil and I have found that the Galco recoil pad is the best available. It's a leather body with a Velcro closure. It fits every milsurp I have, Brit, German, US, Swiss, Jap. Shop around for best pricing. I paid less than $40 years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Galco-Recoil-Havana-Brown-Large/dp/B00162UFPQ

If you don't mind slummin' it, check Goodwill for used lacrosse shoulder pads. Then take the preferred pad off and use just that. I found that using something stiff that distributes the recoil force over a larger area significantly reduces the pain for mongo-kick guns. Much more so than something like foam to decelerate the buttstock.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews