JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Are there any sources out there for a shooting shoulder pad that still provides cushion when a shooter is in the prone position? They seem mostly geared toward shotgun sports shooters, with the pad providing cushion only when shooting from a standing position. I need something that I guess would go over the shoulder a bit instead of only being in the front.

Thanks!

I shoot a lot of milsurps that have metal butt plates. I've tried several different items for softening the recoil and I have found that the Galco recoil pad is the best available. It's a leather body with a Velcro closure. It fits every milsurp I have, Brit, German, US, Swiss, Jap. Shop around for best pricing. I paid less than $40 years ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Galco-Recoil-Havana-Brown-Large/dp/B00162UFPQ

If you don't mind slummin' it, check Goodwill for used lacrosse shoulder pads. Then take the preferred pad off and use just that. I found that using something stiff that distributes the recoil force over a larger area significantly reduces the pain for mongo-kick guns. Much more so than something like foam to decelerate the buttstock.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top