JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I shoot a 23 and 26 and want to start reloading my own. Do you use the stock barrel or do you have an aftermarket? I'm a little concerned since it is not suggested to be a good idea in Glocks. They don't have as tight tolerances as other manufactures. the cases have wobble with less side support.

Based on what I've discovered the problem comes from reloading rounds already shot from a Glock. Due to the lack of support for the case, bulges can develop causing the cases to become weaker. If I do begin to reload I believe it would be in my best interest to buy my cases.

I have heard you shouldn't shoot lead bullets through a stock Glock barrel, but I have also read of people using hard cast and plated / jacketed bullets for reloads with no issues. I plan on getting a Lone Wolf barrel for my wife's Glock 19 so she can shoot my hard cast reloads without worry.

I shoot a 23 and 26 and want to start reloading my own. Do you use the stock barrel or do you have an aftermarket? I'm a little concerned since it is not suggested to be a good idea in Glocks. They don't have as tight tolerances as other manufactures. the cases have wobble with less side support.
The whole idea of not shooting reloads in a glock is not using lead bullets in the polygon rifling.
They collect lead. But if you use jacketed bullets when reloading it is fine

@mjbskwim has it right. The idea that reloads are bad in a Glock is primarily because of the lead issue. If you are going to shoot a lot of lead bullets, then just get a rifled barrel. If you are going to use plated bullets, don't worry about using the factory barrel and shoot away all the reloads you want.

As far as the Glock bulge, that was only on the 40S&W case. There is actually a full-length brass sizer for that very purpose, which loads from the bottom and is pressed out the top for sizing away any trace of a bulge. If you're reloading 9mm, there's no bulge issue to even worry about.

my 23 eats everything i feed it including LEAD! screw what everyone says, ive shot THOUSANDS of lead bullets thru my stock barrel. trick is to clean it. imagine that.

@mjbskwim has it right. The idea that reloads are bad in a Glock is primarily because of the lead issue. If you are going to shoot a lot of lead bullets, then just get a rifled barrel. If you are going to use plated bullets, don't worry about using the factory barrel and shoot away all the reloads you want.

As far as the Glock bulge, that was only on the 40S&W case. There is actually a full-length brass sizer for that very purpose, which loads from the bottom and is pressed out the top for sizing away any trace of a bulge. If you're reloading 9mm, there's no bulge issue to even worry about.
the glock bulge thing for 40 is definately a glock gen 1-early gen 3 case support issue.glock fixed this issue with later gen 3 barrels if you have a gen 3 with a pentagon proofmark on the barrel then it is the improved chamber support barrel. also, they made barrels with a stronger steel later on in gen 3 too. it is identifiable by a dot inside the pentagon proofmark.

image.jpeg

^^see the pentagon with dot.

yes that is my 2 year olds stuffed animal gorilla. his name is gary.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top