JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That seems like a horrible idea.

Just like the car club cruises I used to attend. Once they changed the destination to a brewery that was two hours away, I was done.
The first two times went off without a hitch, but the third ended up with a pileup, two cars in the ditch, and 8 DUI's once the police arrived.

Booze, crowds, and guns... what could go wrong?

This is just plain stupid. It will give the anti's something else to use against us. I don't care if it is your 'right' to mix booze and guns, it is a stupid thing to do.

The country that was founded on Booze and Guns!!
And tobacco. But that is all I have dropped of the 'Big Three'
As far as the BeaverCreek/Mainbrew plan is concerned it sounds like fun. I can hardly imagine this not being well regulated. I mean you leave the range after the shooting part and head to the brewery for a brace of beers. Probably once you leave the range you will not be readmitted if you are part of the offering. Kind of like heading to the bar for scotch and cigars after the dinner. I will pull no punches here. When I am out shooting with my friends we will have a few beers. We are not talking about power drinking and wild shooting. It's the bench set up, proper safety concerns and a half-rack between a few of us. Nothing stupid here - we are adults.

They've been doing these type of deals for at least a year in Seattle, with shooting at WCA then a whiskey tasting at a different location. I don't know how they arrange for you to get home though- presumably a cab?

It's not really mixing guns and booze, any more than me having a drink at home after going shooting and putting my guns away. In this case, the firearms are safely locked away miles from the drunk people.

The lovely wife got one of these for me as a Fathers Day gift. Mostly so she could shoot, but I ain't complaining. We're going Sunday to shoot then to Mainbrew. I'll be sure to report back. Moneywise a good deal, ammo provided and all. Just have to fight the crowds.

Today's stupid comment award winner is
This is just plain stupid. It will give the anti's something else to use against us
It cracks me up how some people don't stand for what they think and hide behind "the anti's."
It doesn't matter what you do some anti-something somewhere who only believes in tolerance and freedom if you agree with them is going to get their knickers in a bunch.

If you don't like the ideal of a cold beer after shooting. Do what i do. Buy a 1.00 large Ice Tea at Mickey-D's.
But man up and own your own belief's

The lovely wife got one of these for me as a Fathers Day gift. Mostly so she could shoot, but I ain't complaining. We're going Sunday to shoot then to Mainbrew. I'll be sure to report back. Moneywise a good deal, ammo provided and all. Just have to fight the crowds.

So Sunday didn't work so well. Went today instead.
I've got to say I was pleasantly surprised. Pretty nice folks if not a little talkative. Had some issues with the Living Social deal, they said it was for .22 LR pistols only. I pointed to my printed materials that said otherwise, back room confab, came out said they'd honor the deal, let us shoot our own pistols. After a quick bit of paperwork and a safety video and quiz we were on the range.
The box of 9mm reloads they sent us I with were pretty lightly loaded and my wife had 4 FTEs for the first 6 shots. Hollered at the male owner and he brought us out a box of factory loads without hesitation. My 40 S&w reloads were actually a bit hotter than I usually make them. All mine shot fine. Overall a great range experience and may just go back in the future.
Mainbrew just topped off the night.
Tasted 5 beers ranging from 2 nice summery Kolsh's to a rye tinged ESB to a couple of Imperial style IPAs. Went home with 4 32oz grenades of tastyness.
Now I know for a FACT that my wife doesn't visit here so I can in clean conscience say that I had one of tue best dates I've ever been on. She really made the evening special and I thank her immensely. Guns and beer! Especially in that order...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top