JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was wondering if any of you had any idea what is required to open a private shooting range within city limits, and who regulates licensing and such. Thank you!

A person I know was looking into opening a range (indoor) in Washington County. Biggest challenge was finding a property with appropriate zoning. One particular city didn't allow "entertainment" facilities in the industrial area, where all such properties are located.

I would suggest the only accurate answer you could possibly get would be from the actual city you are thinking about setting up shop in. Since they will all have different regs different personalities to deal with and then all the various zoning, geographic, traffic, developement issues.

I suggest your first step is the city planning office. Followed (if you aren't completely shut down on the first visit) to an insurance company. Cause the sticker shock from the insurance company could burn the dream right out of your head.

That would be my two bits

Talk to Jason/Sully at Blackwater Tactical, a forum sponsor. I think that he was looking into opening a indoor range in Salem a while back so he might have an idea of the costs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top