JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20 years ago when shopping for a home we looked at one just a bit east of downtown Vancouver that had installed as some point 2 lanes in the basement that were concrete waste water pipe? About 3' across and went the length of the property underground.

Lighted at the end and pully systems for hanging targets. A basic ventilation setup and some soundproofing.

This house is just off Fourth Plain and you would never ever guess there is a shooting range for 2 underneath it.

20 years ago when shopping for a home we looked at one just a bit east of downtown Vancouver that had installed as some point 2 lanes in the basement that were concrete waste water pipe? About 3' across and went the length of the property underground.

Lighted at the end and pully systems for hanging targets. A basic ventilation setup and some soundproofing.

This house is just off Fourth Plain and you would never ever guess there is a shooting range for 2 underneath it.
That may have been the same place. At the time we saw it it had two little crappy motors on top to run the targets out but the tunnels were made of dirt as I recall. No soundproofing or ventilation that I noticed at the time. Those may have been removed though. Or maybe someone in Vancouver installed in more than one house. The house had an issue where he built the corner of the house accidentally onto the neighbors property. Was a big sq foot house and the shooting tunnels were in a man cave basement.

Dude……
I'm not digging one more hole by hand here. IT's monster dinosaur eggs here. I relocated about 2-3 yards of 4-8" rocks… some bigger. Only what was left laying on top after grading septic drain field.
It was a friggin nogh to erect play system. So far all the digging I've done in this state is like just moving heavy footballs around with a shovel.
Renting a small track-hoe from Home Depot would run you about $200 - $300 for a day.

Dude……
I'm not digging one more hole by hand here. IT's monster dinosaur eggs here. I relocated about 2-3 yards of 4-8" rocks… some bigger. Only what was left laying on top after grading septic drain field.
It was a friggin nogh to erect play system. So far all the digging I've done in this state is like just heavy footballs around with a shovel.
Good ol' lahars.

Not used for shooting, but cool nonetheless and I'm sure you could glean some knowledge that would help:

(He's got a bunch of videos showing progress and shorter synopsis as well, you'll have to go digging for the gold)

Holy moly who is going to do that level of work?
There is a chance that my wife's job takes us to a Dakota, Wisconsin, etc.

I'm an Arizona boy. Specifically Phoenix. My body temp is normally ~97 something. I have no issues running in 125 temps…but if it gets below 60, I'm starting to freeze up.

Which is a long way to say: ME. I will be doing that much work. :D

Once upon a time used a very aged gunsmith in Eugene. Way back he did the excavation and building underground. Can't imagine the City or County-Eugene-Lane granting the permits. Other considerations is homeowners coverage. Situation could arise where they deny a claim.

All that and a story. Grew up on a ranch, formerly a guest ranch, with huge living room. The room had a very large fireplace. Heavy metal fire box functioned as bullet trap. Dad fired Bereta 950B .22 short, into the end of a large cottonwood log. Hearing protection was empty 9mm brass wedged into the ear. Or fingers pushed inside. Good old days of entertainment.

Not used for shooting, but cool nonetheless and I'm sure you could glean some knowledge that would help:

(He's got a bunch of videos showing progress and shorter synopsis as well, you'll have to go digging for the gold)
I actually watched most of these. Good for him, but I was trying to calculate the sheet and square stock he was using. Mo money mo money. Maybe started digging on a tube channel I could afford a 50'er

I made a 50' range on my property in my shop. I have an acre in a neighborhood of acre lots. The shop is insulated and sheetrocked. You can hear it outside but it's not crazy loud, non of my neighbors complain, even the anti gun Karen across the street.
I found some bullet traps from a company called Range Systems. I tracked down their number and talked to one of their salespeople and figured out how they build them. I bought their panels and built them myself. The one I made is 4'wide x 6'tall. It works great. We have shot 1000's of rounds into it and zero problems.

If you are interested, I can tell you how I did it and see if it works for you.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top