JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Police: 4 people shot, 1 detained in Seattle shooting

Two men were killed and two others were injured Wednesday after a man randomly opened fire on cars and a Metro bus in a Seattle neighborhood before crashing a stolen vehicle into another car, authorities said.

One man was fatally shot and another killed in a car wreck with the suspect's stolen car, Seattle police said. Two others survived gunshot wounds, including the driver of a Metro bus who was being called a hero for driving away from the chaotic scene despite his wound.

"We believe it's a random, senseless act," Deputy Police Chief Marc Garth Green told reporters. "We're outraged at what this suspect did."

"We believe it's a random, senseless act. We're outraged at what this suspect did."

— Deputy Chief Marc Garth Green, Seattle Police

The rampage unfolded just after 4 p.m. local time when the 33-year-old suspect allegedly tried to carjack a 53-year-old woman and shot her, Seattle's Q13 FOX reported.

He then walked over toward a Metro Bus, opened fire and struck the driver, Eric Stark. Despite the wound to his torso, Stark managed to back the bus out of danger and drive to safety before hitting an emergency alarm, the Seattle Times reported. The 12 bus passengers were uninjured.

Stark would later be praised by city officials who said the driver "acted heroically in the face of extreme adversity to protect his passengers."

Meanwhile, the gunman continued his assault, approaching a second motorist and opening fire, killing a 50-year-old man, before fleeing in the victim's vehicle just as police arrived. Police pursued the suspect for three blocks before he collided with another car, killing the 70-year-old male driver, the Seattle Times reported.

seattle-shooting-2.jpg
Police work at the scene where two cars collided in Seattle on Wednesday after a gunman opened fire on vehicles in a Seattle neighborhood. (Associated Press)

The 33-year-old suspect was taken into custody after a brief standoff.

The suspect, Stark and the 53-year-old female driver were all taken to a hospital and were in satisfactory condition as of Wednesday night, according to the paper. The names of the two men killed were not released.

John Barrett, a resident of the Seattle neighborhood, told KOMO-TV he had been working inside his garage when heard what sounded like firecrackers. He said when he went outside he saw a man pointing a gun at people.

"He was walking down Sand Point Way just firing at anything just without any regard, just kept firing," Barrett said. He quickly went back inside and told his partner to call the police.

seattle-shooting-7.jpg
Seattle police work at the scene of a shooting in Seattle on Wednesday. (Associated Press)

Barrett told the Seattle Times he went back outside and saw the gunman shoot the male driver in the face and, worried he'd be shot too, jumped into bushes for cover. When the suspect had gone, Barrett went to check on the male driver and help the female driver who had been shot.

"There was so much blood," Barrett said.

Seattle Mayor Jenny Durkan and other city officials said Wednesday evening they are grieving with the loved ones of the men killed and pledged to support the two people who were injured.

"We grieve with the loved ones of those who were taken, and we extend the good wishes and support of our City to those who were injured," a statement from Durkan reads. "I am unspeakably grateful to the King County Metro driver who acted to save lives."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

All unarmed victims of a person with no reguard to life.
I'm sure they will run with this shooting to further their anti gun agenda.

Depends first on if he was the right color. Then if he used the right kind of gun, had the proper political leanings, and fits the MSM narrative of their agenda.

Homeless illegal alien with a revolver or shotgun? Bury the story.

White conservative with a semi-auto rifle? Use it for political purposes...

EMERGENCY MEASURE: We must enact this measure immediately to ban cars and ensure that all people travel via city bus... we can protect you from those evil guns, that we want to ban but we know will still be out there, uh, along with knives. Banning cars is the only way to prevent car hijacking!!

Last Edited:
How ever bad this is and what ever they do to push the agenda we all know that this was going to get worse with or with out this event.

Lets remember that innocent people lost their lives. Thoughts and Prayers to the people and the loved ones in this tragic event.

Thoughts and Prayers to the people and the loved ones in this tragic event.

According to Congress, Legislature, MSM, etc, that is what we always say, but we never "do anything" to stop gun violence. Not criticizing saying it, I will mega-ditto on it, but just sayin, we can always expect "them" to make political hay out of any mass shooting event.

According to Congress, Legislature, MSM, etc, that is what we always say, but we never "do anything" to stop gun violence. Not criticizing saying it, I will mega-ditto on it, but just sayin, we can always expect "them" to make political hay out of any mass shooting event.

Agreed!!! But as we all know it was coming anyway this just adds fuel to the fire. I just don't want the loss to get forgotten. Loss sucks and someone out there is grieving the loss of a loved one because of one AZZ HAT!!!

According to Congress, Legislature, MSM, etc, that is what we always say, but we never "do anything" to stop gun violence.
I know they say this as cover for the fact that they have failed w/ 1) Soft Sentencing, 2) Plead down violent offenders 3) A failed Mental Health System 4) Revolving door in prisons and jails...but yea, lets blame an inanimate object.

I know they say this as cover for the fact that they have failed w/ 1) Soft Sentencing, 2) Plead down violent offenders 3) A failed Mental Health System 4) Revolving door in prisons and jails...but yea, lets blame an inanimate object.

It's easier to do than trying to change society in a "positive" direction. Real change would come only when there is a general return to traditional values... not going to happen. In the meantime, disarmament meets with their various agendas and gun violence is used to promote disarmament. It's all political posturing until you get to the man on the street where IMO we have already lost the battle for hearts and minds. :(

IMO we have already lost the battle for hearts and minds.
Remind me what the compliance rate is for these bans they've implemented have been...10% compliance? I get what your saying, thankfully we still have a propensity of "Bitter Clingers"

*sigh* No one owns a dictionary anymore...

the definition of rampage

noun
violent or excited behavior that is reckless, uncontrolled, or destructive.
a state of violent anger or agitation:The smallest mistake sends him into a rampage. The river has gone on a rampage and flooded the countryside.

Ok mr technicallity...

Then it was a car jacking rampage with the use of a gun;).

I stopped using a dictionary a few years ago when they started including stupid millinial words in it.

Now I just speak Murican:p

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads