JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Where are you located in Oregon?
I'm in SE Portland but drive to Hermiston to work all week.
Hanging in the EO for a couple of extra days to camp/shoot/lie is a possibility too. I think @Stangler mentioned his place was SW of Corvallis... did I get that right? If I skirt traffic I can be in Corvallis in about an hr 1/2.

I'd also like to get a look at that GT350... it's beeeuuooootiful.

I'm in SE Portland but drive to Hermiston to work all week.
Hanging in the EO for a couple of extra days to camp/shoot/lie is a possibility too. I think @Stangler mentioned his place was SW of Corvallis... did I get that right? If I skirt traffic I can be in Corvallis in about an hr 1/2.

I'd also like to get a look at that GT350... it's beeeuuooootiful.

Yes, our family Homestead land is southwest of Corvallis, Near Dawson, out in the middle of nowhere.

Soooo.....are we just not going to talk about the fact that a guy who's screen name is "strangler" is inviting folks into the deep woods where you won't be heard? :confused::confused:
Lmao I am of course assuming everything is on the up and up, just a bit suspicious :rolleyes:
As long as everyone knows the safe word.

Hello again. Holidays are over, let's get something planned. Any ideas? I'm thinking a Saturday in March, meet someplace for hello's and then if people want, go do a little plinking? Ideas? Anybody got a place?

Nate

Finding a good shooting spot "in the woods" along the I-5 corridor is dang near impossible. I'm surrounded by forest but it's all owned by Weyerhoser, and I'm still too pissed at them to fork over the money. Besides, probably in their rules "no shooting". My nearest spot is a piece of state land that had a few areas, but at last check the roads to them were trenched and bermed. Hell of a note.
I shoot pistols in my backyard but but the long guns are pushing it.

But my son and I plan on doing some recon this weekend, see what we can find. He's my regular shooting buddy. I'll post back if we find anything.

Finding a good shooting spot "in the woods" along the I-5 corridor is dang near impossible. I'm surrounded by forest but it's all owned by Weyerhoser, and I'm still too pissed at them to fork over the money. Besides, probably in their rules "no shooting". My nearest spot is a piece of state land that had a few areas, but at last check the roads to them were trenched and bermed. Hell of a note.
I shoot pistols in my backyard but but the long guns are pushing it.

Kind of the same here, but thats just because I'm lazy and haven't gone looking yet. I hear people shooting behind us all the time with rifles. A few have binary triggers too. I've wanted to go out there and say hi but, I'm shy.

Instead I just go in my backyard and make noise back.

I haven't heard anything about weyerhoser doing anything but I have heard there is a "woods cop" that harrases people.

Kind of the same here, but thats just because I'm lazy and haven't gone looking yet. I hear people shooting behind us all the time with rifles. A few have binary triggers too. I've wanted to go out there and say hi but, I'm shy.

Instead I just go in my backyard and make noise back.

I haven't heard anything about weyerhoser doing anything but I have heard there is a "woods cop" that harrases people.
Well they have locked down all of their logging roads in my neck of the woods, around $300 for a yearly pass last I looked, and a ton of ludicrous rules as well. (For the record, I am a firm supporter of private property rights, but what they have done in conjuction with the politicians over the years....eh sorry, drifting here).

Well they have locked down all of their logging roads in my neck of the woods, around $300 for a yearly pass last I looked, and a ton of ludicrous rules as well. (For the record, I am a firm supporter of private property rights, but what they have done in conjuction with the politicians over the years....eh sorry, drifting here).

Same here part of me wonders if people just use quads and drive around them? I also see planes flying over from time to time I presume to make sure people's aren't on their land?

I'd like to join as well. I've been going through some cancer treatment and have finally been walking again after a bad reaction to a drug that was prescribed. Never thought I'd be doing this at 40 years old. Anyways, I'm off work for another couple months and if feeling up to it would love to bring some of my new toys I've put together. Will be watching this thread to see what happens.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top