JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Howdy all! Lookin for some spots in Washington to shoot outdoors.
Hey Tex,

You might find one on this Public Lands Target Shooting map. There's a couple spots around that area. I need to add more to it, and they will come as time goes on. I'm only putting the 'Popular' places on the map, because those are the places that get the most use and need the most stewardship attention. I respect the wishes of those who want to keep their secret places to shoot a secret, so, I'm not listing the places that are not well know.

I also like to flag the spots that are NOT good to shoot at. I post a note on why they are not good (mostly public safety like no backstop or nearby neighbors or trails or fire hazards). My hope is that people will learn to think more about choosing a place to shoot and make sure it's safe, legal and good. We gotta protect target shooting on public lands or else we loose them!

You're welcome to take a look and see if there's a place you'd like to check out.

Bill

https://trashnoland.org

Snakes in WA?!

-6893044402308832267 (3).jpg

Take the 29 road then the 2923 spur south from Klahowa campground on 101. The area I shoot in is about a half mile past the Calawah river bridge. It's level and has a little skid trail thru it one can set targets on.
If I am seeing this correct on the map (in Olympic National Park), then this is quite aways from Tacoma for me. Got too excite too quick. Well, it is back to the Triangle Pit.

I will keep your place in mind when I go camping this summer.

Going into your dark bathroom and taking a cold shower for a day or so is equitable to camping in Forks around this time of year.

'cept for the werewolves and vampires, nobody expects those in a dark shower stall, even the bigfeet are scared of them.

Going into your dark bathroom and taking a cold shower for a day or so is equitable to camping in Forks around this time of year.

'cept for the werewolves and vampires, nobody expects those in a dark shower stall, even the bigfeet are scared of them.
And that is why I pack the fouty-fo! :s0114:

I went camping out on the coast there in July or Aug around 2012 i think It was. Was record breaking heat many days in a row, walked the miles through the rainforest and right before we got to the beach and the forest cleared it was still foggy lol. Water NEVER leaves that place. Its crazy. Woke up in the morning soaked.
Left my $400 glasses on the roof of my car heading into towm and like a dumb bubblegum wrecked my car trying to get back in time to save them.
Drove all the way back to south sound on a spare donut.
Went 100% full size spare after that. some local tweaker lookin fellows came across me and my buddy in the ditch and said "oh man the park rangers LOVE you city boys out here!" Im thinking yeah i bet.
They pulled me out, i paid them some cash for their help. We skee daddled after that. Got PLENTY of walking in that weekend. Probably 20-30 miles.
Good times!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads