JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went camping out on the coast there in July or Aug around 2012 i think It was. Was record breaking heat many days in a row, walked the miles through the rainforest and right before we got to the beach and the forest cleared it was still foggy lol. Water NEVER leaves that place. Its crazy. Woke up in the morning soaked.
Left my $400 glasses on the roof of my car heading into towm and like a dumb bubblegum wrecked my car trying to get back in time to save them.
Drove all the way back to south sound on a spare donut.
Went 100% full size spare after that. some local tweaker lookin fellows came across me and my buddy in the ditch and said "oh man the park rangers LOVE you city boys out here!" Im thinking yeah i bet.
They pulled me out, i paid them some cash for their help. We skee daddled after that. Got PLENTY of walking in that weekend. Probably 20-30 miles.
Good times!

A crash in the park comes under federal jurisdiction so those 'good ole boys' weren't too far off the mark.

A crash in the park comes under federal jurisdiction so those 'good ole boys' weren't too far off the mark.
I've never seen a federal officer in the parks, do the park or forest service rangers have the authority? Or do they just write you up and the feds follow up?
Not sure if it was in the parks exactly. But it was close enough. Either way. Its was a totally bubblegume day. Really lucky it only set me back about $800 total.
Young and dumb.

I've never seen a federal officer in the parks, do the park or forest service rangers have the authority? Or do they just write you up and the feds follow up?
Not sure if it was in the parks exactly. But it was close enough. Either way. Its was a totally bubblegume day. Really lucky it only set me back about $800 total.
Young and dumb.

There's a big diff between the USFS and the USNPS rangers in both organization and purpose, but some of both have guns, handcuffs and the ability to toss you in to federal detention.

If you do feel adventurous to go to the "TrianglePit" be aware that many who show up to shoot are damned fools. BEWARE...
Be leery of the brasswhores there also, they'll try and pick your brass while it's still in the air...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

If you do feel adventurous to go to the "TrianglePit" be aware that many who show up to shoot are damned fools. BEWARE...
Be leery of the brasswhores there also, they'll try and pick your brass while it's still in the air...
:eek: :eek: :eek:
Ill tell them i trained dick Cheney. Dont make me prove it. They are fools if they dont know how hard i work to uniform my brass. I would "bust a cap"

Thanks for the heads up.

Generally why i dont like "pits" i drive 2-3 hours to go to more secluded spots. Usually up in the mountains.

Only once i had a guy who was REALLY freaking us out just camping waiting for us to leave. He didnt realize we would be there ALL day and because he camped we made sure to pick up every single peice of every thing. AND we starting practicing poor muzzle control and flagging him as much as possible. Not pointing with intent. Just careless handling ;) some people just dont get the point.

Last Edited:
Ill tell them i trained dick Cheney. Dont make me prove it. They are fools if they dont know how hard i work to uniform my brass. I would "bust a cap"

Thanks for the heads up.

Generally why i dont like "pits" i drive 2-3 hours to go to more secluded spots. Usually up in the mountains.

Only once i had a guy who was REALLY freaking us out just camping waiting for us to leave. He didnt realize we would be there ALL day and because he camped we made sure to pick up every single peice of every thing. AND we starting practicing poor muzzle control and flagging him as much as possible. Not pointing with intent. Just careless handling ;) some people just dont get the point.

View attachment 862097 View attachment 862098

While I do think it's funny that you kept him waiting for nothing, there is no excuse for poor muzzle discipline whether making a point or not.o_O

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top