JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i just got a p.o.f 415 ar15...piston drivin rifle with a switchblock for a supressor and seen a guy shooting one on you tube in supressor mode with no supressor attached to the gun.someone made a comment that he was going to destroy the rifle doing this.
why is that can anyone explain to me?i dont really have any experience with supressors or supressed rifles but just curious and want to make sure i dont do anything stupid like that with my rifle.
what exactly does the supressor do besdies make it quiet,how does this work?

like i said i have no experience with supressed guns,this is why im asking for experienced people to chime in.
i just dont want to do something stupid with my new rifle.

You even took my comment too seriously, don't you see the smile at the end? Geez...

But are you going to buy suppressor?

Suppressors typically increase gas back-pressure. Adjustable gasblocks allow you to reduce the amount of gas going into the system (piston or DI). Shooting unsuppressed with it in suppressed mode is fine, although you may increase the chances of it not cycling properly due to not enough gas pressure.

it really dont seem to offer any benifit shooting in supressed mode unsupressed so i dont think i would ever do it,i was just wondering why the guy said it would destroy a rifle.

Suppressors typically increase gas back-pressure. Adjustable gasblocks allow you to reduce the amount of gas going into the system (piston or DI). Shooting unsuppressed with it in suppressed mode is fine, although you may increase the chances of it not cycling properly due to not enough gas pressure.

Hey! An answer with some meat on it! Thanks

piston is they way to go suppressed. especially full auto. DI sucks big time when suppressed and happy switch

Do you have first hand experience with this?

Piston guns are louder than DI due the gas venting into the environment unsuppressed. More importantly, both of the chambers will get fouled quickly do to the blowback from the suppressor.

The main purpose/advantage of an adjustable gas system (DI or Piston) on a suppressed rifle is to control the ROF.

Do you have first hand experience with this?

Piston guns are louder than DI due the gas venting into the environment unsuppressed. More importantly, both of the chambers will get fouled quickly do to the blowback from the suppressor.

The main purpose/advantage of an adjustable gas system (DI or Piston) on a suppressed rifle is to control the ROF.

it sounds like you have very good knowledge of supressed rifles,it also sounds like you prefer gas rifles over piston?
other than the noise being louder supressed with a piston rifle are there any other issues you have noticed?
i really like this p.o.f piston rifle because you can put 5000 rounds down range and never have to clean it(not that i would do that)
or oil it.thats right no oiling or cleaning needed except a drop in the bolt carrier.
i put 250 rounds through it today(non supressed)and it didn't have any residue in the chamber at all.
this is the best rifle i have ever owned,amazing timney trigger too.

it sounds like you have very good knowledge of supressed rifles,it also sounds like you prefer gas rifles over piston?
other than the noise being louder supressed with a piston rifle are there any other issues you have noticed?
i really like this p.o.f piston rifle because you can put 5000 rounds down range and never have to clean it(not that i would do that)
or oil it.thats right no oiling or cleaning needed except a drop in the bolt carrier.
i put 250 rounds through it today(non supressed)and it didn't have any residue in the chamber at all.
this is the best rifle i have ever owned,amazing timney trigger too.

There are applications for both of course, but for a suppressed autoloading weapon system I do prefer DI over PD guns.

Not sure what you mean by issues. Patriot Ordinance Factory does makes great guns. Have you tried one of their 308's?

There are applications for both of course, but for a suppressed autoloading weapon system I do prefer DI over PD guns.

Not sure what you mean by issues. Patriot Ordinance Factory does makes great guns. Have you tried one of their 308's?

by issues i just meant obvious differences,like for example...i did notice the piston gun does blow all the gas in your face that would normally go into the chamber.my chamber is clean but my eyes????not so much!
i also noticed that even with a flash hider there is a huge flash that my gas gun never had.all in all this is still a sweet gun and it's a dream to shoot.
308?no i have not shot one yet but i think thats my next rifle.my lower says multi caliber...do you know if i can run an 308 upper on my lower or is multi caliber limited to 6.5/6.8 and .223 for the pof rifles?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top